( 14 ) namjoon

( so i updated the last chapter a bit if you wanna go back and read but i don't think it's that massive of a change so you don't have to read the whole thing lol. btw i'm sO sorry for not updating bc i've been so busy and was stuck for awhile but i'm back now hopefully 🤠)

a few days later :
hoseok's pov —

"wake up." yoongi said softly, poking my face gently, "i couldn't sleep last night..."

"did you have a bad dream?"
lately yoongi had been having frequent nightmares that kept him up at night.

"what was it about this time babe?" i sat up and held him in my lap as he twirled his fingers through mine.

"i-i was— n-never mind it's not important..."

i grabbed his jaw and tilted it gently towards me, as i looked straight into his eyes, "tell me. if it's kept you up then it's important."

yoongi's pov —

it was about him.

the stupid reoccurring dreams that had been keeping me up at night were about him. i refused to accept that after all these years i was thinking about him again but i couldn't figure out why he was now occupying my thoughts.

tonight had been a flashback of senior year, when i started cutting again after dropping out. the school was somehow a salt water tank, and i was swimming around — drowning — trying to follow a dark shadow roaming the halls. i remember in the dream, the wounds on my arms and thighs were fresh.

when i woke up, the burning sensation i felt in my dream, made my healed scars itch.

i think hoseok must've noticed the way i felt as he saw me repeatedly rubbing my forearms. he gently placed his large hands on my thighs and rubbed them gently, "it was just a dream okay?"

i nodded and leaned into his touch, "i know but it felt so real..."

"but i'm here now." i had avoided his gaze but looked up as he kissed my forehead gently. "let's just lay in bed for a little bit longer.. it's like— 4:53.."
hoseok mumbled as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me under the covers with him.

i smiled and cuddled in his warmth but the dream flickered in my mind once again, making me shiver. hoseok pulled me closer to him and squeezed my hand tightly, wrapping his legs around mine. i smiled and closed my eyes, trying not to think about the reoccurring past.

about an hour later, i woke up again, the feeling of oversleep forcing me awake. hoseok was still asleep— his arms and legs no longer wrapped so tightly around mine. i easily wiggled out of his grasp and quietly walked out of the room.

i headed towards my small studio that i hadn't been in for awhile. my desk, soundboard, and floor, were all covered in a thick layer of dust, stifling my senses. i looked at a small picture frame on my desk, a wave of nostalgia overcoming me.