Chapter 3: Attachments

Y/n

Y/n walked inside to see Dylan sitting in an armchair and the sheriff along with a light skin lady on the couch. They were all talking until the light skin women noticed Y/n and approached her.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Chasseur." She helding out her hand with a smile.

"I'm Y/n," Y/n took the woman's hand. They let go and Y/n went to sit on the armrest of her brother's chair.

"Not meaning to be rude or anything but why are you two here?" Y/n asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"Oh just dropping by. In fact, we were just finishing up with your brother here. But before we go, I want to ask if you heard any noises last night like howling or anything like that?" She asked.

"Uh no," Y/n pretended to think.

"Oh well, then we'll be taking our leave." She said getting up and walking out with the sheriff. The siblings followed them out. They watched as Chasseur and Sheriff Sworn took their leave.

"Okay, what was that about?" Y/n asked as they walked back inside sitting down on the couch facing each other.

"I don't know I got home and then like ten minutes later they pulled up. I offered them drinks, they said yes so we all talked in the kitchen for a while. Then we moved in here. The lady started asking questions and she referred to my arm hair as fury. And she continued to ask me if I got rowdy when the moon was full. That's when she just straight up asked if I was a werewolf." He explained rubbing his face.

"Well, we can't leave now. That would cause suspicion." She leaned back into the couch.

"Why would she even suspect us?" He asked leaning back on his hands.

"I don't- wait that Christina girl must've blabbed. She thought I was a werewolf because, uh, my index and middle finger are the same lengths. Ugh." Y/n shot up, starting to pace back and forth.

"Okay well let's stay and just act normal. Also, don't interrogate the girl or talk to her about it, that'll cause even more suspicion." He got up to make dinner.

"Yeah, yeah," She made her way up to her room.

Next morning

Y/n woke up then quickly got out of bed and changed. She grabbed her bag on the way out of her room and rushed down stairs, smelling breakfast.

After breakfast, Dylan took her to school.

"Remember no hostility towards the girl. Have a good day. I'll text you if I can't pick you up." Dylan said as she was getting out the car.

"Okay, I will. See you later." Y/n shut the door and turned to go into school.

To say the least, the class was hell. 

When school was over Shelley and Y/n met up with Peter in front of the school, on the sidewalk.

"He's got one, he's got two. Now let's try three. Alright. Oh and he's doing three at a time. Oh no, he couldn't do it. He doesn't do it." Peter was juggling oranges and dropping them causing Shelley and Y/n to laugh.

"Terrible, any other tricks?" Roman walked over with another girl that neither Peter nor Y/n knew.

"Not with the ladies present," Peter nodded his head towards Shelley and Y/n.

"Have you met my cousin Letha?" Roman directed the question more towards Y/n than Peter.

"No." They both looked toward the pretty blonde girl Roman had brought over.