Chapter 24: The Mistake

Dylan

Roman's house

Dylan got a text from Destiny explaining what happened at the morg. He quickly got dressed and drove over to Roman's.

He arrived before Roman and Annie but he saw Peter already in the living room.

"Hey you okay?" Dylan asked, making his way over, noticing how stressed Peter looked. He walked past the younger male into the kitchen to make himself a drink.

"Uh, yeah, just some shit with Andreas and everything going on. It's a lot." Peter answered, rubbing his eyes and putting his hands in his front pockets. This made Dylan stop what he was doing. His mind took the statement about Andreas and ran with it; making him worry about the man his best friend was supposed to marry.

"What happened with Andreas? He do something?" Dylan pressed on before taking a sip of his water.

"No big deal. He just took a big risk with a job today." Peter assured.

"Damn Gypsies." Dylan laughed under his breath and took another sip of his drink. Peter looked at him and laughed with him. 

Then the door opened.

"Hey. Destiny told me what happened. I was just on my way to see you. You OK?" Peter walked over while putting on his jacket.

"I've been better. Where have you been?" Roman asked him, noticing Dylan, who was walking over.

"Can I use your phone to call a cab? I'm gonna head back to my hotel." Annie asked, not giving Peter the chance to answer.

"You're welcome to stay here. Bedroom's upstairs." Roman nodded his head upstairs.

"OK." Annie started walking up but paused when the doorbell rang. They looked at the small screen on the wall that showed the footage from the security camera facing the front door.

The private detective that Roman hired was standing there. Annie looked at Roman with a raised brow.

"Ochoa. Uh, I have to deal with, um- I'll explain later, OK?" Roman turned away from the screen and gave Annie a reassuring nod.

"OK." Annie continues upstairs.

Roman lets out a sigh and opens the door, the detective walks in.

"Well, I got something for you. Just let me warn you, it's some crazy shit." Ochoa walks over so he's standing closer to Dylan. Then a toilet flush was heard. "This a bad time? You've got company."

Can't be any crazier shit than we've already seen.

"Just a girl." Roman quickly answered wanting to get to business.

"Oh, yeah? How'd you meet her?" Ochoa gave him a little smirk.

"Can we please fucking get to business." Dylan said aggressively rubbing his eyes.

"Which brings me to- I found this. Remind you of anyone?" Ochoa pulled out an old black and white picture of different men. Spivak was sitting on the bottom row smiling. That smile haunted all three of them.

"So, what are you saying, this is Spivak's grandfather or something?" Roman gave him a look, but he already knew that answer, this was Spivak.

Bastard's really that old huh.

"Have you ever seen even a father and son look exactly, completely alike? This is Spivak." Ochoa sounded a little too confident and that caught Peter's attention.