Chapter 7: People Are Crazy

Y/n

Y/n woke up to Dylan jumping on her bed.

"Wake up sleepy head!" He shouted.

"Okay, I'm up!" She shouted back pushing him off the bed. He tumbled on the floor and she laughed so hard, now she was fully awake.

When Y/n got done laughing she looked down to see a 'sad' Dylan on the floor.

"Aw come on ya big baby," She started dragging him downstairs so they could make breakfast.

After that, he took Y/n to school but she got out early because Dylan had the day off and wanted to research the Vargulf.

Y/n hadn't heard from Roman or Peter, which didn't surprise her. 

The siblings got home, went into the mini library and pulled out everything that had the word 'Vargulf' in it. 

Y/n pulled out the same book she took to Destiny and a lot of others.

Later

"Find anything yet?" Y/n looked up after hours of reading. She swore she could see words dancing on the walls when she looked up.

"Nothing we don't already know about this thing," Dylan mumbled while still reading. 

Y/n continued as well until she came across something.

"Well shit," Y/n mumbled then continued to read.

"Find something?" He asked, glancing over.

"Says here that this thing has the power to shift on the wrong moon when it gets strong enough. Also once they are that strong they become resistant to all forces except physical." Y/n finally looked at him.

"Damn- great so if this thing reaches the point we can't use magic. Great, just great." He said rubbing his face.

"It's okay, we have a loophole anyway. We can just turn and fight it. Don't have to use magic to do that." Y/n was trying to make him feel better.

"Your right, but we still have to figure out who this thing is and who its next target is." He said, trying to think.

"We could go into the woods and try to find some DNA from it for a locator spell," Y/n popped the idea out.

"It's a long shot but I think it's our best bet." He said getting up to get ready.

"Alright, we'll leave in 20," She got up heading towards her room.

"Got it." He said walking in his room as well. She walked into her closet and picked out an outfit quickly.

After changing Y/n walked downstairs and started making lunch. In the middle of making lunch Dylan came down and started helping. He made them each f/d. Y/n got the silverware out the drawer and handed Dylan his as they sat down. They eat and drink in comfortable silence.

Y/n finished first and washed her dishes. Dylan finished a few minutes later and washed his dishes too. 

The pair walked out the door and gazed into the woods behind their house.

"Should we turn to try and get a scent?" Y/n asked trying to find out where to even start.

"I'll turn. You hitch a ride on my back." He said going around the corner of the house to shift.

"Okay," She mumbled leaning against the wall. 

The disturbing sound of ripping flesh was heard before she saw a black panther walk around the corner and come up to her. He was about a foot or two shorter than her.