Chapter 13: A Year

Y/n

Y/n's life had changed, sorta. 

It's been about a year since Letha died and Peter skipped town.

Dylan still hasn't woken up, the doctors said everything was normal and he was breathing on his own, he just wouldn't wake up for some reason. Roman continued to demand that Spivak help the doctors.

Y/n has been putting most of her savings towards keeping him in the hospital. 

Roman moved into a new house and insisted Y/n stay there too. She does, a lot. 

Technically she already lives there but she still stays in her house sometimes, just to give her some happy memories.

Y/n and Roman helped each other heal, though their mental health still isn't all that great. They'd occasionally sleep in the same bed just to make sure the other wouldn't suddenly disappear one day.

Shelley's still gone. Everyone thinks she's dead but Y/n knows she's still alive. All the locator spells she tried lead her somewhere, if Shelley was dead that wouldn't happen.

Y/n does also know about the whole thing with Letha's baby and how she's also Roman's daughter. His mother, Olivia, compelled him to make a baby with Letha then to forget the whole thing, which is pretty fucked up, but apparently everything is fucked up in Hemlock Grove. 

She holds the baby sometimes, even gave her a name. Nadia. She is blonde with the most vibrant blue eyes Y/n has ever seen. She's Upir Y/n can tell. 

Y/n couldn't explain why but she was around her so much that they got attached. She felt an unexplainable pull to the baby.

The baby shouldn't be completely shut out from the world. 

Roman had the infant in a soundproof room with a tiny window and Y/n was the baby's only form of socialization. 

There was a nanny for the child but she just sat and watched.

Roman's Upir side is getting stronger. Y/n sees him resisting it; sometimes the resisting doesn't work. He came at her once but she knocked him back. 

He, of course, apologized a million times and she forgave him, he's all she had left. Though still having Destiny around, she felt an indescribable stronger connection towards Roman.

After the attempted attack Y/n started giving him a couple blood bags of her blood at the beginning of every month. Her blood type was Rhnull, which is basically gold amongst the Upir species. 

She knew Roman wanted more blood but he refused to ask for it, from her anyway. He'd still end up having more blood bags in the back of the fridge. Y/n would always notice but never asked.

Y/n dropped out of public school to do online school. She really wanted to drop out of school completely but she still needed a degree or at least something that'd help her get a job to have a comfortable life.

Roman talked about how he could get her a job at Godfrey Industries, become CEO or something. She told him she'd think about it after she got back on her feet, mentally anyway.

On top of everything Y/n had been having dreams of someone in a white mask and flashes of different locations. There have been times where she would see Dylan, he'd be in pain and she can't do anything about it. 

That's what kills her the most.

As said before she kept in contact with Destiny and they've just grown closer. Destiny became Y/n's designated drinking/partying friend.