Chapter 16: Hope

Y/n's house

Y/n got out the car went towards the front door with Peter right behind her. Peter got stuck in the doorway trying to follow her inside.

"Shit sorry- come in," Y/n properly invited him in, once she noticed his predicament. He came in but continued to stare at the doorway.

"The fuck was that?" Peter shut the door and turned to Y/n.

"A boundary spell that Dylan put up before everything..." Peter noticed Y/n trail off and decided to change the subject.

"Uh, so where can I sleep?" His gaze moved around the area. This was technically his first time even being inside the house.

"There's a guest room upstairs," Y/n gestured for him to follow.

They go upstairs then down the hall stopping at a closed-door. Peter opened the door and walked in looking around, getting familiar with the room.

"Thank you." He said turning back to her. The pair stared at each other until Y/n cleared her throat and turned away.

"You should take a shower you smell like car grease and your hair looks like you haven't washed it in days." She joked ruffling his hair. He scoffed and looked towards the bathroom.

"Oh come on, you love the hair." He ran his hand through his hair. She shook her head and smiled.

"I'll give you some of Dylan's old clothes to sleep in and I'll cook something while you shower," Y/n backed out of the room allowing him to get comfortable.

After setting clothes on the guest bed and getting Peter's dirty clothes she walked downstairs to put them in the washer.

Then she started on dinner.

In the middle of cooking, Peter comes down.

"Something smells good." Peter stopped and leaned on the counter across from her smiling.

"Well I am, in fact, a good cook," Y/n boasted, shrugging her shoulders. This wasn't actually true though, well maybe. It wasn't that her food didn't taste good; Y/n herself was more of a kitchen safety hazard.

She'd almost burnt this kitchen down once, that's why Dylan always made the food. She was also banned from using the stove and oven, though her brother claimed she was on thin ice with the microwave.

But Y/n's gotten better with using the stove on her own.

"Oh really? I don't recall that being true. I do however recall you catching the kitchen on fire." Peter gave her a cheeky smile.

HOW THE FUCK DOES HE KNOW ABOUT THAT?

The brunette remembered Destiny, who'd gotten the story from Dylan, telling him about the time Y/n caught a pot of ramen noddles she was cooking on fire.

"You know what jackass just for that I'm poisoning you," She joked then proceeded to walk out the kitchen acting like she was going to get the poison.

"Nu-uh," He said, grabbing her hand to pull her back.

"I will not be cursed by my favorite witch." Peter locked her in a bear hug and started poking at her sides.

"Okay mutt let go or the food will burn," Y/n wiggled in his grip in an attempt to break free. He let go, allowing her to get back to cooking.

They continued the night eating and laughing.

It would be a blatant lie to say Y/n hadn't already forgiven him.

Now, though, she consciously accepted it.