Chapter 5: Order of the Dragon

Y/n

Dylan and Y/n were swimming in the pool playing around until Y/n heard her phone ding. She swam over, dried her hands on a nearby towel, and checked it.

Hey, we are going to the Willoughby's. We need you there in case we have to flash out or something. ~ Rich Bitch

Okay. When are you gonna pick me up? ~ Y/n

Hour, Hour and a half. I'll text you when we are on the way. ~ Rich Bitch

Okay. ~ Y/n

"Hey Dyl I gotta get out and get ready I'm going somewhere with some friends," She pulled herself out of the water, using the edge as leverage, and wrapped a towel around her.

"Woah, Woah, Woah, wait. To where and with who?" Dylan hopped out too and started following her. Y/n thought for a minute before deciding to tell him everything, she couldn't lie to him, especially after everything he's done for her. 

They'd spent only a month in Hemlock Grove and she's already involved herself in a very dangerous situation, with not a lot of good outcomes.

"Okay follow me I'll tell you," She nodded and motioned for him to follow her. He did and sat in her rolly chair at her desk. She walked into her closet and picked something out. She changed quickly in the closet then walked out and sat on her bed.

"Okay so-" She told him everything. From the weird dreams to, basically, graverobbing. She also told him how she was helping.

"No, absolutely not. I'm not letting you be a part of some detective dream team." He started to get all defensive.

"Dyl- look they are my friends and I feel like I somehow have to be involved, I mean the dreams are just shouting things at me," Y/n was trying to explain this pull she felt to what was happening, like she needed to be doing something about it.

"Y/n we just got you out of a-a hell house. I don't want you to risk your life to catch some Vargulf thing." Dylan started raising his voice a little.

"Dylan I have to help somehow, you wouldn't understand," She was starting to sound desperate.

"I said no." Dylan was being as stubborn as ever. So Y/n came up with a compromise.

"Look, you know you can't get me to back out of this so how about we come up with something to meet in the middle." This caught Dylan's attention because it was true, Y/n always found ways to get what she wanted.

Eventually they mutually agreed that Y/n could help out but she would have to check in every now and then. And if he thought it was too dangerous she would either have to stay home or let him tag along.

Some time later

They were eating a snack when Y/n got a text.

Hey, we're here. ~ Shaggy

Okay. I'm omw out. ~ Y/n

Dylan and Y/n exchanged goodbyes on the porch. He watched her get in the car and waved as she left.

"Well, your brother must certainly love us." Roman was referring to the stone cold face Dylan put on in front of them.

"He tends to do that when I'm around stupid looking boys." Y/n teased not looking up from her phone while smirking.

Willoughby's house

After about thirty minutes of Roman driving they arrived at the Willoughby's house. They just sat there in the parked car for a while waiting for the family to leave.