Chapter 6: What Would I Do Without You

Y/n

Y/n smelled f/b. 

She looks over to see a plate of fresh food on her bedside table.

The sound of Dylan in his room getting ready reached her ears so she decided to do the same while she ate. 

Y/n gets dressed and as she's putting on her shoes she reminisced everything that happened ever since they moved here. 

It's crazy and complicated. 

She finished lacing up her shoes and grabbed everything needed for school before leaving the room.

When Y/n got downstairs she saw Dylan leaning on the counter drinking some water. He smiled at her and opened the fridge. He closed it and handed her a bottle of f/d. She smiled and took it.

"What would I do without you?" She jokingly asked walking out the door.

"I don't know." He said in a goofy voice following her. Y/n laughed and got in the passenger seat of the car. He got in and started driving.

"So how's everything going?" Dylan asked, paying attention to the road.

"To be completely honest I don't know. We don't know who this Vargulf is or who it'll target next." Y/n explained while propping her legs up on the dashboard and leaning back.

"You'll come up with something. You always do. And if you need any help I'm always here." He said reaching over to ruffle her hair. She grinned and turned up the radio. They stayed silent and listened to music for the rest of the way to school.

At school

"Have a good day I'll let you know if I have to work late." He said.

"Okay, I'll see you later." She unfastened her seatbelt and got out of the car.

"See you later." He said. 

She shut the door and walked into school.

Y/n sat in class thinking about how Dylan had been acting strange these last couple of days. She told herself she would see if Destiny knew anything about it.

It was finally lunch time. She arrived at her locker to put all her stuff in it before Roman walked by motioning two fingers to his lips. 

Smoke break. 

The girl simply nodded and started following after she closed the locker. 

Y/n walked outside to be met with Peter and Roman leaning against a door frame.

"I have a lead. I think something's going on at the White Tower. I don't know if it's connected or not, but I can get us in." Roman spoke, seeing Y/n arrive.

"What?" Roman asked when he saw the look on Peter's face.

"No." Was all Peter said.

"What do you mean, no?" Roman asked, getting aggravated.

"It's over." Peter said, still looking away. 

After what happened yesterday Y/n wasn't surprised at Peter's attitude.

"What are you talking about?" Roman asked, still not comprehending what Peter was saying.

"This is over. We're done." Peter said.

"Why? What? You mean the cops? You said, 'Get rid of 'em' and I did. What's the problem? Okay. Okay. It was stupid. It was really stupid. I'm an asshole. I'm sorry, okay? But come on. Think about what you're doing. You can't walk away over a stupid thing like that. You can't walk away from this." Roman explained. 

Everything went silent for a second before Roman spoke again.

"Will you fucking say something?!" He said.

"You should go. There's no good for you here. You should get away from all this death, this town and your name. Make it all clean. I don't know how to figure it out from there." Peter said not phased. Y/n looked away feeling awkward about the situation.

"I bet you'd like that. I bet you'd find that very convenient, you gypsy piece of shit! You know, if you fuck my cousin, I'll kill you. You're not better than me." Roman said getting closer to Peter. Peter just looked at him and walked off. Roman went back to leaning on the door frame and smoking. 

Y/n sighed and went back to the school. 

They really have issues.

Later at Destiny's

After school Dylan was still at work so Y/n decided to crash at Destiny's until he could come pick her up.

When she got there another woman was sitting on D's couch. Destiny said her name was Lynda, she is Peter's mom and Destiny's aunt. 

Y/n and Lynda hit it off right away. 

Lynda tells Y/n how she got Olivia, Roman's mom, to pay her five thousand dollars for a substance that her family makes. It's crazy but hey, Gypsies know how to things get things done. 

Now the ladies are in the kitchen with three wine glasses in front of them and Lynda pours wine in them.

"Yeah! Ha! Ha! Five thousand dollars?" Destiny askes in disbelief.

"Champagne for all my friends!" Lynda smiled, waving the bottle around.

"Ha! Ha! Oh, my god, Lynda. I hope you know what you're doing, because these people are not to be fucked with." Destiny said as they walked over to sit on the couch.

"No one's fucking anyone. We just both simply have what the other wants. It's business." Lynda says setting her drink down.

"Johai, as in the essence of pure bullshit." Y/n sat criss cross on the armchair while taking a sip of the champagne.

"Ha! Ha! Ha! It's what she wants." Lynda says.

"I saw Roman's hand." Destiny changed the subject out of the blue.

"Oh, I know, I know. He hasn't lifted anything heavier than his pecker since the day he was born." Lynda said, leaning back getting a laugh out of Y/n, mid sip of her wine.

"He's capable of a lot more." Destiny said in a serious tone.

"Yeah, but, you know, the only one he's interested in hurting is himself. Peter knows that now. He had to find out for himself." Lynda explains.

"What about this vargulf thing?" Y/n placed one of her hands on her cheek to lean on, taking another sip.

"Well, nature will take its course." She said smiling at Y/n.

"That's what I tried to tell your son!" Destiny said defensively.

"The male species doesn't know how to listen." Y/n backed her up causing them to laugh.

"He has to find out for himself. What about you? Are you seeing anybody?" Lynda said before changing the subject.

"Ha! Ha! Ha! So what, we're telling real scary stories now?" Destiny jokingly asked.

"Yes!" Lynda answered.

"Yeah, right." Destiny said rolling her eyes and taking a sip of her drink.

"I feel like you and my brother would be good together." Y/n took another sip, she felt like causing chaos. 

Destiny almost spits up her drink but quickly swallows it and starts coughing. Lynda just laughs and gives Y/n a high five. 

The conversation continued before Y/n had to go home.

Y/n's house

The siblings got home and they both made dinner, talking about what was currently going on. 

Dylan told her stories about drunk or high people coming in and getting tattoos they'll regret later, he even got pictures of a few. 

The man child always knew how to brighten the mood. 

He was the best brother Y/n could ask for. 

Truly, what would I do without you brother.