Chapter 15: Bye Lynda

Y/n

Y/n, instead of going home, ended up staying at Roman's so she could be there for the conversation about the baby.

She walked downstairs to see Roman eating at the counter. She hears Miranda walking a little behind her. Y/n headed towards the cupboard to get a cup and handed one to Miranda when she saw her. Miranda mumbles a 'thanks' before pouring herself something to drink.

"Sausage?" Roman was stuffing his face with sausage.

"No," Y/n was pouring herself some f/d.

"Vegan. Since I was 15, I haven't eaten anything with a face." Miranda went around the counter. It goes silent as Y/n hops on the counter right next to the fridge.

This should be fun.

"So?" Roman continued chewing his food.

"Uh, the baby, the one upstairs-" Miranda pointed her thumb towards upstairs.

"Right." Roman stared at her.

"-has been bothering me. Not the baby per se, more like the entire situation. I mean, it is pretty fucking weird when you get right down to it. I make a wrong turn through a wormhole into some fucked-up Victorian novel where a top-secret baby is being cared for by a demonic she-servant and her brain-dead sidekick Lurch? I mean, where did you even find those two, open-mic night at the mortuary? Seriously, Roman, what's the deal with the kid? Roman? Are you going to talk to me about any of this or should I just go fuck myself?" She continued and ranted on until she realized that Roman was frozen and not responding.

Y/n eyes wided, she knew what was happening, he did the same thing when he lunged at her a few months back. She hopped off the counter and intervened. Y/n saw that he was staring at Miranda's neck.

Stop fantasizing about ripping into her artery and focus.

"Roman," Y/n put her hand up and snapped in front of his face because she knew he was imagining himself ripping Miranda's throat out.

Roman finally came to his senses and Miranda immediately spoke again.

"Did you hear anything I just said?" She asked, sounding offended.

"Yeah. You're a vegan." He answered.

Idiot.

Y/n mentally face palmed as he goes upstairs to make a phone call. She walks back so her "seat" on the counter and continues drinking her f/d.

"So whose baby is that? Yours?" Miranda leaned back against the counter beside Y/n.

"No. God no." Y/n took another sip of her drink.

"So what's the story behind it?" She asked.

"Look- I don't think that it's my business to tell," Y/n got off again and looked upstairs.

More like it's too crazy and complicated to tell.

"He better explain or I guess I'll have to pull it out of you." Miranda joked lightly, shoving her shoulder.

"Good luck trying blondie." Y/n joked back.

Then Roman came back downstairs. He comes and puts his hands on the back of a chair, pushed into the table they never eat at.

"The baby," Roman states, encouraging Miranda's questions.

"Whose is it? I mean, well, are you the father? Not that it's any of my business, but with all the secrecy and the weird baby bunker I mean, what's up with that?" She blabs out.