Chapter 23: The Great Escape

Y/n

Room in the basement

Y/n had forgotten how long they'd been here. Most likely a couple of weeks or months, she didn't know. She's slowly trying to regain her strength and build up a tolerance to the suppressants Spivak has been giving her. He gives her the same amount every time, with that she had hope.

She'd also managed to scratch a small line in each of the symbols on the cuff, rendering it useless for blocking magic.

Everytime he leaves Y/n ties to do a simple levitation spell on the pebbles that lay across the room from her. Yesterday Y/n thought she saw one move a little but that could just be her hallucinating.

Y/n rests her head on the wall, closes her eyes, and tries to imagine what the others are up to.

Then she heard the entrance to her 'room' open.

Roman

At his house the next morning

"Hey there!" Destiny called out walking through Roman's front door to his house, with a box. She brought Dylan with her; more like forced him out of his house.

"Hey, we're in here." Peter yelled from the room he, Roman and Annie were in. They were all staring at the broken window.

"You forgot some clothes." His cousin continued onto the room she heard Peter call from, Dylan not too far behind. They paused upon seeing the whole in the glass wall.

"What the fuck?" "Shit." She and Dylan both expressed then looked at the boys for an answer.

"Someone broke in." Peter turned to look at them.

"Not someone. Something." Roman corrected, keeping his arms crossed.

"You don't know that." Annie piped in from her seat on the couch's armrest.

"No, I think I do." Roman said as Dylan crouched next to the hole. He saw a single loose shard with some blood on it.

"Well, we're about to find out." Dylan glanced back at Destiny to make sure she saw it too before picking it off. Destiny dropped the box and walked over holding her hand out, getting the obvious message Dylan carefully placed it in her palm.

"What is she doing?" Annie asked when she saw Destiny place it in her mouth. Said psychic started to walk wherever she felt a pull to. As she was walking images kept clouding her vision. To the average person it would look blurry but to the psychic it brought fear.

Then she started coughing, Dylan caught her and sat her on the couch. When he touched her he got the same visions. He handled it better but that was because he didn't receive the full effect.

"We need to take her to a hospital." Annie crouched next to her grabbing her forearms.

"I'm fine. I'm fine." Destiny confirmed clearing her throat. Dylan was already getting her a glass of water from Roman's kitchen.

"No. This is serious. You could have some internal bleeding." Annie tried to reason with everyone in the room.

"It's OK. She's a psychic." Peter sat beside his cousin wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

"So what was it?" Roman was standing beside the couch, arms recrossed, moving out of the way to let Dylan hand her the cup.

"I don't know. I don't want to. But after it attacked you, I think it went to that mortuary on Holden Street." Destiny looked up at him scared of the intense visions she just got and the feelings that came with them. She accepted the cup from Dylan and took a sip.