Chapter 22: Gold Star

Y/n

Y/n took in her surroundings. It's dark and cold as hell. She tried to speak but stopped because now it hurts more than ever. She didn't remember how she passed out or when she woke up. She just knew that Spivak is a fucking dragon and he took her along with Nadia and Miranda.

Miranda. This is mainly her fault if you look at it on the outside but there were other deep rooted contributing factors. Though this would have never happened if she didn't attempt to fucking free fall, while holding Nadia.

Nadia. Born into chaos also ultimately a cause of this. Just by that baby being born, but that's all she is, a baby too innocent for all of this shit. Y/n got attached to her. She projected onto her during the potentially worst time period of her life. Taking care of Nadia became somewhat of an escape for Y/n to avoid her problems and focus on the good in life.

Y/n. A girl who tried to start over. Grew up in a shitty environment with her brother, who acted as her shield. A witch shifter supposedly 'gifted' with a lot of power. Funny how her family said that to her yet she never truly had power over her own life, no, her parents controlled her life. Whatever they said or did became 'law'. Y/n was never physically abused but the words thrown at her were enough. She always felt like a puppet on a string, for someone else's entertainment.

That was until she met the Romanceks and Godfrey's, minus Olivia. Granted she always had Dylan but he was only one person and after he left for the army she just became hollow; always staying in her room, never socializing, not doing things a normal teenage girl would do. 

Y/n got herself into this situation by caring too much. She didn't regret it but she just wished it didn't go down like this.

And now she is in a dark room tied to a wooden chair.

Wait. I'm in a WOODEN chair.

Y/n tugged at the restraints on her arms. Nothing. She kicked her legs. The restraints are loose. She kicked her feet to stand and slammed at an angle to the ground. The chair breaks but it makes a loud sound.

Then a light turns on above Y/n. It's a hanging light bulb. She got to see what's around her; surrounded by concrete walls, a ladder was attached to the wall in front of her that led to a hatch on the roof, a random pipe attached to the ceiling. There was a mattress in the corner. She started to hear a faint baby's cry from above.

Suddenly the light shut off and she was once again surrounded by darkness. She heard the hatch open and someone jumped down into the room. The hatch closed and the footsteps came closer. She turned, ready to fight but the person grabbed her and she felt a prick in her neck.

They injected her with something and held her still for a couple more seconds before their grip loosened. The light cut back on but her vision was blurry. Whatever they injected her with made her feel numb. They start to drag her over to the mattress as she tries to see who it was.

Spivak.

Even with her blurry vision she could tell, it was him. He started to speak but it sounded slightly muffled.

"You know the original plan was to have you feed Nadia, Y/n. Then Miranda came around and, well, she was an easier target. But it seems I got you anyway. So if the plan with Miranda doesn't work out then I have a plan B." He plopped her down onto the mattress.

How long have you been planning this, you scaly bitch.

Then he started to inspect her neck with a little flashlight. All she could do was follow his movements as her vision slowly started to become clear again.