ĄƁ|①.

AIMEE C. BENSON.

"YOU'RE DOING WHAT?!" My mother shouted as I sat across from my parents on the mocha modern two-toned sectional sofa. Her loud tone caused my eleven month old son to jump in his sleep.

I frowned at my mother. "Will you calm down? You're scaring him."

"You want me to calm down?" My mother inquired, "There is no calming down when you're talking about moving out with that-that boy."

"The Father of your grandson, Mom." I rolled my eyes, "Yes. I am moving in with him because you guys won't allow him to come here and see his own son. I'm basically a single parent when I don't have to be. So I'm moving out. I'm eighteen years old now and I can make that decision."

My mother scoffed, "You wanna be dumb and move in with that thug and ruin your life? Go ahead. But when he puts you and your son out, I don't want you coming and running back here." She said before storming away.

"He's not a thug." I uttered under my breath.

"And what if he does put you out?" My father asked causing me to advert my eyes to him. He sat back on the couch, staring directly at me. "Say y'all argue and he gets mad and say you have to leave but not y'all son?"

"Because we have that figured out already, Dad. The landlord is moving him to a two bedroom and mine and Kenzo's name will be on the lease. It won't only be his. It's mine too. I know what I'm doing."

"Do you? What about school?"

"I'm enrolling there once we're settled. They have a Pharmacy Technician program there and I'll be finished with that whole thing in no time." I inform my father. "I'm not going to start slacking if that's what you think. I have a son to live and provide for now."

"Well," My father raised forward, "I see you have it all together."

"I don't want you guys to hate me."

He breathed out. "No one hates you, Aimee. Not even your mother. We just feel the decision is a dumb one. But in life you live and learn. If this will be a learning experience for you... go ahead."

I nod rubbing over Kenzo's curls softly without responding to him.

He stood from the other sofa and came over kissing my forehead. "I love you and you know that I'm always going to be here for you, Cree." he called me by my middle name.

I nod because I knew he would be. I'ma daddy's girl and I know making this move is disappointing him, but how much more can I disappoint him when I've already had a child young?

My father walked away and my eyes stayed on him until he was out of sight. Then I stared back down at my handsome son, admiring his little features. He looks so much like his father even while sleep. My phone ringing pulled my gaze away from him and to my cell in my hand seeing K❤️☺️ across the screen. Sliding my thumb to the right on the screen, I answered the call.

"Hey," I say placing the phone on my ear.

"What up? You tell yo people's?" The deep voice, belonging to my boyfriend Khalil, asked in my ear.

"My mom was mad. . of course and my dad took it better. But he had his words to say."

"When don't they?" Khalil laughed, "Look, we not gone worry about nobody opinions. We doing what's best for our son. I'm not with them not allowing me to come see him since y'all live there but now that's over. We doing us. You talk to that school?"