ɴʀ|➓.

While carrying the lunchbox in my right hand, I sashayed towards the bricked building

While carrying the lunchbox in my right hand, I sashayed towards the bricked building. Closer I become I pulled the door open followed by a bell announcing my entrance.

I looked around and saw no one at the receptionist desk. I noticed a bell sitting on the counter and I decided to bash it lightly to be heard. A few moments passed when I saw when the sound of heels were clicking against the tile flooring, steadily.

A woman with a rich caramel complexion, and honey blonde hair rounded the corner in a pantsuit and pair of pointed-toe red bottoms that were creating the rhythmic clicking against the floor as she sauntered to the front.

"Sorry about that," She apologized with a smile. "Welcome to Richards Trucking, what can I do for you?"

"I'm here to see my father, Roy Richards."

"Okay, I knew you looked familiar from the pictures in his office...." She trailed on like it was stopping herself from saying anything further, "Last door straight ahead."

"Thanks." I say before strutting to the door she instructed me to. It was only one door straight ahead, so it wasn't hard to find.

I stood outside of the door to gather myself. My dad and I haven't really been the same since he found out about my lying and that was three months ago. I had no idea he would go this long with barely having a conversation with me.

Any time he did it was already dry responses.

So, I'm here to finally end this with him because it's petty and I miss my father.

I knocked on the closed door before I heard his baritone voice command my entrance. I walk in and he's wiping his desk down. He glances at the door and notice it's me. He went right back to what he was doing and I sighed.

"I brought you lunch," I spoke raising the lunchbox in my hand. "It's your favorites, too. I cooked it myself."

"I already ate." He responds blandly, tossing the sanitizing wipe in the trash. He still never look at me since he finds something else to do on his desk; placing everything where they belong.

"Ok...for dinner then," I say sitting the lunchbox on the chair. "I know you get home late sometimes."

Still, he remained silent.

I sighed and finally decided to confess what I should've long ago.

"I was stripping..." I revealed causing him to freeze in the position he was in for a second before he finally connects his honey brown eyes with my own.

He squints his eyes at me and tilt his head slightly, but yet, remained silent.

"That's why the bills were paid up because that's what I was doing," I further explain feeling my eyes water. "I paid everything up do you wouldn't have to worry anymore. I had to do something because I saw the cut off notices in the dresser and I had to help. My checks at Cracker Barrel was bullshit and not enough to help. So, I start stripping for a few months, paid what I needed to and now I'm not anymore. If you're mad at me for making a sacrifice to safe our home and not all six of us be sleeping in your truck then.....so be it."