ĄƁ|④.

"Ace!" I called out to Khalil saying his middle name, while trying to gather dirty clothes for me to wash

"Ace!" I called out to Khalil saying his middle name, while trying to gather dirty clothes for me to wash. I have a free day since I have no school this Friday morning and Khalil is off his job at FedEx on Friday's.

"Hm?" Kenzo hummed with his fist in his mouth thinking I'm calling him since he and his father share a middle name.

"Not you papa." I say smiling at him as Khalil walked in the room.

"I need all your dirty stuff."

"Whatchu mean? It's in the closet where yo stuff is."

"All of it? I don't want to start washing and you telling me you forgot something."

"Everything is in there, Cree." He assured, plopping down on the bed behind Kenz who leaned back on him.

"Don't this apartment have a wash and dryer hookup?"

"From what I know, yeah."

"We need to order a hookup. I'll search for one when I get back."

"It's a whole laundromat in the apartments."

"I know, but I'm lazy and like to have it right in our space." I smiled as he chuckled shaking his head, "What do you wanna eat tonight?"

His eyebrows rose, "You cooking?"

"Yes. Take out the meat and sides including a vegetable." I told him closing the lid of the rolling hamper.

"Coo," He stood up as I grabbed Kenzo holding him on my hip. He grabbed the handle of the hamper and rolled it behind while I grabbed my phone before following him downstairs.

"Thank you," I say grabbing the hamper from him and walking outside.

"Call if I need to break a nigga jaw." He said standing at the door.

"I'm literally walking a breezeway down."

"Still," He shrugged as I chuckled.

Our apartment unit was close by the office where the laundromat is. It was many people outside from it being morning. I could hear a few laughs and voices in the distance.

Once I got the laundromat door, I had to put the code in before it opened. A washer or dryer was already going and it smelled like various laundry detergents. Inside was clean tile floors and had a soda machine beside a detergent machine.

I rolled the hamper to the first washer, sitting Kenzo on the washer next to the one I'll be occupying. I put all our clothes inside before putting in the correct amount of change, starting the machine. Then I put in the right amount of Downy UnStopables laundry freshener before closing the lid to the washer. My phone rung, as I placed the hamper on top of the machine that's going. My father was calling me. I answered placing the phone to my right ear.

"Hey Dad." I spoke grabbing Kenzo off the washer and held him on my hip.

"How are you doing?" He asked as I left the laundromat.