ǤƁ|⑨.

"Giselle."

I hear, feeling my body being shaken. I groaned, mumbling inaudibly for whoever the person was to fuck off. That didn't work since I still hear my name being called. I finally flutter my eyes open and connect eyes with Adya who is squatted down next to my bed.

"What is it Dya?" I murmured tiredly.

She remains silent, staring into my eyes. She gives me a smile. I chuckle softly, raising up on my left elbow since laying on that side, rubbing my eyes.

"Okay, you got me up, Dya. You going to just smile at me?"

"I just— I just wanted to tell you that... I love you."

My eyebrows creased as I search her brown eyes that are a mixture of many emotions— sadness, tired, and happy. I didn't really know what to make out of the stare, but still I managed to stretch my lips into a smile too.

"I love you, too."

She strokes my curly mane that's in a messy bun. She leans forward, placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

"You can go back to sleep now Alexis." She said quietly, calling me by my middle name.

She raises to her height, heading for the door. She pulled it open when I stopped her—

"You going to sleep too?"

She looked over her shoulder with a small smile, "Yeah... one last day."

And with that response, she left my room and shut the door behind her. I laid my head back down on the pillow when I felt something in my hand. Opening it, I see it's a rose gold Libra necklace that belonged to Adya.

I was confused on why she gave it to me, but being so sleepy, I didn't ponder on it. I placed it on the nightstand beside my bed before drifting back into my slumber.

I woke up again two hours later to use the bathroom. I finished, washing my hands, and leaving the bathroom. I stood at there at it was completely quiet in the apartment. Only light was coming from the kitchen, while the whole vibe felt entirely weird... off.

I checked my mother's room and of course she nor Addyson was there since Adya and I were always left to take care of ourselves. I walked to Adya's bedroom and try twisting the knob, but it was locked. My eyebrows creased because I don't remember her having a lock on her door.

I knew how to break into it, so I grabbed a knife from the kitchen and broke in. My heart completely stopped at the sight of Adya laying lifeless on her bed, her eyes wide open and staring towards the door.

Everything happened in slow motion; my screaming, the knife dropping and clinking against the hardwood floor, and me running to her aide. I felt no pulse. My sister was gone.

I remembered calling the police, not caring to inform my mother about it. I held her in my arms and cried the entire time waiting on the ambulance. I even tried giving her CPR twice. But... I was to late. She was already gone for a hour— A whole sixty minutes.

I blamed myself for so long because if I would've woken up only a hour sooner, my sister would be alive.

She committed suicide that night, swallowed a whole bottle of antidepressant pills that a therapist prescribed to her all because Latisha thought it would be a good idea to have her shove pills down her throat.

Adya had became depressed over the years for reasons she never told. She just became unhappy with everything as if being here she did not want anymore. It was like she was put on earth to do what she needed and felt it was time to leave.