ǤƁ|⑧.

I read off the list of meals and drinks on the receipt to the dark-skin gentleman inside of the dark grey GMC Tahoe standing in the Sonic uniform and visor over my hair that's pulled back into a ponytail

I've been working here going on two weeks. Every since the argument with my mother, I realized I need to get my own place and own car to get where I need to be without having to depend on her.

Sonic is always hiring, so it's the first place I came. I ain't want to work in the store anymore because for one, I never wanted to and two, I don't want to be around neither one of them.

Distancing myself is the best option for me. That built up anger I have towards them runs deep. I don't want to end up stressing myself about the issues and risk my child for their stupidity.

I decided to keep the baby. I didn't want to take away a life that I was part of making. She, or he deserves to be brought into this life. Plus, I want to be able to give my child something I never had; a nurturing mother. I would give my baby what my mother didn't.

He nods, confirming everything I read off belongs to him. He pays and I give his change before handing him everything he ordered. I was seconds away from walking away but he stopped me --

"Here, beautiful." His chubby hand hung out the window with a $20 bill.

"Thanks." I say grabbing the money.

"What's yo name?" He speaks, showing his mouth full of gold.

"Giselle." I say in a obvious tone, pointing at my name tag that's clearly on my Sonic T-shirt.

"Giselle..." He repeats, licking his dark lips. "What you got goin after you get off?"

I know this man isn't trying to holler at me. He looks like he's in his late thirties.

"Underage." I lie, walking back to the building. I enter, blowing out a frustrated breath.

"Someone hit on you again?"

I whip my head to the left and see a coworker by the name of Andrea standing in the identical uniform of my own. She, being the first person I bonded with the first week. She has a cool personality, and laid back.

Andrea is graced with beautiful Hersey complexion, with bright hazel downturned eyes, a broad nose that's pierced with a hoop earring, and round full lips. She has her medium size Senegalese twist in a high ponytail to have visor on her head.

"Girl..." I roll my eyes, giving her the answer. She chuckles lightly.

"Niggas around this Sonic will do that all day, everyday. Get used to it, honey." She tells me.

My response was a nod because it's all most the men have been doing since I start working here. At least they tipping. It's no way I'm giving those men the time of the day. All I'm worried about is me, and my baby. Not these thirsty old men.