ƊⱮ|⑧.

During yo lunch, let me pick you up to grab some food

During yo lunch, let me pick you up to grab some food. Let's talk. Please.

I read the message repeatedly, my eyes straining from blinking. The text was sent during breakfast a few hours ago. The might've not been saved but I could never forget the number that belongs to Honor. I stare at the time seeing it's five minutes before third period is over; the class before lunch.

The minutes breeze on by, and the bell ringing to notify us class was over, I jump slightly from it being unexpected. I blink a few times before standing from the desk. I grab my small MCM backpack, leaving out the classroom.

Ironically, I ran into Giselle who holds a binder. Her curly mane bounce effortlessly as she walks. She notices me and a smile appear on her face.

"Hey," I speak as she reaches me. She greets me back.

"A week and it's Christmas break. Only person I'll genuinely miss up here is you." She expresses, genuine. I place my head over my chest, heart fluttering.

"Aw, I'll miss you, too." I say, hugging her briefly.

"I never really had a real friend up here. Everyone either talked shit and I fought. But you— you genuinely wanted to get to know me for who I am. I thank you for that." She speaks, I could see the sincerity in her eyes.

"You have my number and we live on the same side of town. We won't lose contact." I say, knowing we don't live that far from each other. She eyes me longer for a second.

"Are you okay?" She asks, her eyes glints over in concern.

"My ex boyfriend texted me during breakfast to talk. Remember the one I told you about?" I ask as she pauses to think before responding --

"Honor, right?" She asks for reassurance, I nod my head.

"That's him."

"Me, personally, I wouldn't because you never know what he plans on doing especially if he used to physically abuse you but on the other hand, you really look like you're considering on going, and if you do, don't ride with him. Drive yourself and do not take someone like him back. They never change. He'll continue to do what you allow."

I listen intently to her wise words, and she was right, I am considering on going and see what he has to say. I go to the new message thread where Honor messaged me and reply --

Me | I'll meet you at the Subway. I'm driving myself.

"I remember a guy tried that with me a few months ago." She says causing me to look at her.

"Really? What did you do?"

"What you think? I fought his ass. They only allow what you tolerate. I left him alone that night but sadly, I'm stuck with him for the rest of my life." She says shaking her head.