ǤƁ|⑦.

While I sat on the checkup table of the clinic, I looked around the room in boredom wishing my ob/gyn would hurry up so I can go

While I sat on the checkup table of the clinic, I looked around the room in boredom wishing my ob/gyn would hurry up so I can go. I came to do my monthly checkup. I haven't had sex with anyone since cutting things off with Menace, but I never miss a checkup day.

I should've been at school, but coming here would have an excuse on why I'm late.

The door opened and in walked my gynecologist, Dr. Marshall— short blonde hair, sun kissed olive skin, and light green eyes. She always had a smile on her face like she does at the moment.

"So, can I go?" I asked since I hate clinics, hospitals.

"Actually, I want to talk to you about something."

I raised a eyebrow. "Something like?"

"Well," She grabbed the rolling stool and took a seat. "During your pelvic exam I noticed your cervix was softer."

"What does that mean? I have a STD or something?" I bombarded her with questions.

"No. I had you take a urine test for a reason. It was confirmed that you're pregnant."

I froze. My eyes never left hers because I couldn't move. You're pregnant. Ain't no way I'm carrying a baby in my stomach. I mean, I don't feel any symptoms, I had my menstrual cycle last month. There's no way I'm pregnant.

"You must've mixed my urine with someone else because I'm not pregnant." I said pointing at myself.

"You are." She nodded staring at the paper on the clipboard, "Eight weeks and two days to be exact. Your due date would be around mid-June."

"Okay, wait..." I started, pinching the bridge of my nose to grasp onto this information, "I can't be pregnant."

"Listen, you're still early in your pregnancy. You have options."

"What options?" I wondered.

"You have the choice to terminate the fetus."

"At eight weeks....does the baby have a heartbeat or anything?"

She nodded, "You can."

I swallowed the lump in my throat. I would feel like one hell of a person to terminate something with a heartbeat. To me, I would be murdering my own flesh and blood. But one part of me doesn't want to be a mother because I don't know how to be a mother then you have the other part wanting to woman up and deal with my responsibility.

I know Menace is the father since he's the last person I slept with. The means I drunk liquor, and fought while I was pregnant. But I had no symptoms, how was I supposed to know? Being stuck with a guy like Menace the rest of life is something I don't want.

"Can..." I cleared my throat. "Do I have time to think about this?"

"Of course." She assured me, "One thing I will say is follow your heart. Don't do anything that you'll regret later. Every woman started as a first-time mommy. No one is perfect."