GB|11

Aleeda Hope Banks

          Aleeda Hope Banks. That is the name I had given my babygirl. I finally came up with something after doing some hard thinking. Thankfully, I did figure out what I wanted to name her since going into labor eleven weeks earlier.

Whenever my water broke at only twenty-nine weeks I was so scared. My water ended up breaking while I was at work. Luckily for Andrea being there she knew how to keep me calm while the manager called for an ambulance.

Surprisingly, the first person I called was my mother. I did not know what to do or how to even think and the only person I wanted there at that moment was Latisha. In the beginning her company was comforting but as the contractions became worse, her presence annoyed me.

Luckily, Nyla showed up when she did. I really needed her there since she's like my sister and since Adya couldn't be there, I definitely needed her spirit there.

April 27 I had given birth to my Taurus baby. I was only twenty nine weeks and Aleeda was small only weighing 3lbs and 17inches long. I did not like the fact she had to leave me. I fussed for hours about not wanting to leave her side, but Nyla got me to realize that her being in NICU would help her better.

I was discharged from the hospital two days after and I visited Aleeda every day and I stayed all night. I would pump milk while at home and feed her whenever I was allowed to hold her.

May 28 Aleeda got the clearance to go home from her pediatrician- Dr. Courtney Swartz. Aleeda reached her weight; 6lbs 19oz. She shares a golden honey complexion with a head-full of curly hair, cheeky brown eyes, a small button nose, tiny pink lips, and round fat cheeks; rolls complimenting her arms and legs. She's just perfect.

Since she have got to come home my mother has been very hands-on with helping me with her. She'd stay over, since I did go through a short spell of postpartum depression.

And my mother was there. She has been showing her change to me and honestly, I am appreciative for her with helping.

It now being the third week into June. I'm sitting in the backseat beside Aleeda's car seat in my mother's Trail Blazer as she drive on the highway to get us to Aleeda's two month checkup. All could be heard was Aleeda's cooing and the sound of my mother's oldies playing.

"You know she'll be getting her shots today, right?" Mom asks me as she's getting off the highway.

"Ugh...I know," I say staring at Aleeda while she grabs my forefinger. "Pray I don't smack this doctor."

"When yours did you I damn near did, but I know you had to have em. She'll be alright. Just hold and kiss her, love on her through the pain."

Once we made it to the doctor's office, my mother and I collectively climb out while I carried Aleeda's car seat and she got her diaper bag. We walked in on our marked time for the 10a appointment and was sent to the back. Dr. Swartz came in only a few moments later and start asking me questions.