AB|11

With a smile on my face, I watched as Kenzo giggled after feeling his baby sister kicking

       With a smile on my face, I watched as Kenzo giggled after feeling his baby sister kicking. After first he was scared when he felt the movement and actually start crying but now he's more comfortable with the feeling.

"I see he's not scared of it no more."

I turned my head seeing my dad, sitting in the chair on the balcony of my new apartment. I still live in the same complex, but needed to move into a two bedroom since my due date is becoming closer and the one bedroom wasn't going to be big enough for me and two kids.

Kenzo seeing his grandfather he got excited and walked over to him. My dad matched his excitement as he picked him up, sitting him on his lap.

"How has he been coping with his father not being around?"

"I mean, at first he would cry every night asking for him but as time went on he's coping better. He's sleeping way better at night."

"That's good to hear," He spoke as Kenzo messed around with his wedding ring. "Does he call?"

"Every morning and before he goes to bed. I did cut his mother out Kenz life. All she wanted to do was be in my busy and report back to Khalil like we're together. I really don't that energy around me while I'm pregnant."

"No you didn't," My dad agreed. "You need to remain stress free. If they're creating the stress, they were needed to be cut out of your life."

I nod my head. "And I did just that. When Khalil comes home, I don't mind Kenz going back around. Until then, I can't stress myself out and I won't."

"Understandable. How's my granddaughter doin?"

"Getting big," I chuckled rubbing my stomach. "I swear I eat all day and night. I have to sleep on my back the whole time."

"Well, it's not you can sleep on your stomach anymore."

My dad and I chatted for a few more hours before he went home. I was sure to bathe Kenzo before he was put down for bed around eight since I have him on a schedule. It works around the times baby boy in my stomach sleeps.

I'm picking up Kenzo's toys when I hear a knock on the door. I toss them in the pen before strolling towards the door. I lift on my toes to look out of the peephole and see Cortez on the other side. I smile and unlocked the door.

"Hey," I greet opening the door. He held a bag of Chinese food. My mouth watered at the smell of the food. "You brought me food." I grabbed the bag and rushed to the table.

"Well, hello to you too." He chuckled under his breath, walking inside and closing the door.

"Sorry," I said as I continued to munch on the to-go box of orange chicken. As I chewed my eyes closed and I moaned from the taste. "This is so good."

"I caught em right before they closed too." Cortez said grabbing one of the boxes and sat on the couch. I followed suit, sitting down beside him.

"You're so amazing. Thank you!" I placed a quick kiss on his cheek before I went back to eating, "You can pick something to watch."