ƊⱮ|⑥.

"See you guys tomorrow

"See you guys tomorrow." First Sergeant dismissed us, and we all collectively stood from our desk. I was about to walk passed him before he stopped me saying, "Stay back for a second."

I nodded and watched all the other students leave, including James while standing in front of him. Once everyone was out the room he asked, "Is everything okay with you?"

"Yes. Why do you ask?"

"I just been concerned about the bruises you'd cover almost everyday." He admitted, "Are their problems going on in your home? Or will it have to do with that boyfriend of yours that picks you up?"

"I'm fine, First Sergeant.." I assured him in a convincing tone. "Thanks for being concerned."

I rushed out his classroom before he could ask anymore questions. Whenever I did get outside, my mother was there to pick me up. It was something she's been doing every since I got pulled over in the car with Honor.

Quiet as it's kept, I was happy she would be doing this for me now since Honor has been blowing up my phone since he's been texting me on other shit like I was the one to piss him off. Lately, those are the reason he would put his hands on me anyway because he'd show up pissed about something and take it out on me.

Honestly, I'm tired of it. It would come to an end and I'll never be with him again. Those other girls he's sleeping with can have him, and deal with his bull.

Once we arrived to the center, I placed everything in my mother's office besides my phone of course and went to the room where kids were craving pumpkins along with James who sat beside a little girl that's making conversation with him.

Surprisedly, he even smiled. Since two months ago when he start doing community service here, he's never really made conversation besides with my family, and the kids. Everything come out his mouth towards me is rude.

I sat beside James grabbing a whole pumpkin to carve since Thanksgiving is only a few days later and the break is next week. This is really the art room where we're making decorations for the holiday.

"Hi Daya." The little girl beside James greeted me with a big smile.

"Hi cutie." I grinned back as I began to carve my own pumpkin.

"Surprised you even here, son." James spoke keeping his focus on the pumpkin in front of him.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Figured you was to busy getting pulled over some more witcho cornball of a nigga." James chuckled causing me to narrow my eyes at him.

I know the only person that ran her mouth to him was my sister since she's taken a liking into him.

"Why you so worried about me?" I asked tilting my head.

James scoffed. "I ain't, the fuck."

"Yeah, whatever."