1. I fucking hate you.

Mackenzie

Today is the worst day of my life. Today is the worst day of my life because this is the day I have to meet my husband. Yeah that's right. Meet the person I have to marry.

Friday, August 17th should have been just any other day. But I'm not just any other kid. My name is Mackenzie Frances Ziegler and I'm the daughter of the world famous Greg and Melissa Gisoni. I have a sister Maddie but I haven't seen her in years. She left when she was my age, 17, because of what's happening to me today.

The same thing was going to happen to her and she decided that she didn't want to live like that. I was going to run away too but, I'm not as brave as Maddie. She ran away seven years ago and never contacted us again. I was only ten when she left and I never understood why she did until I turned 13 and my mom told me.

We were set to have arranged marriages since we were born to someone of another rich family that we apparently knew. It's so fucking stupid. The only clue that I have as to where Maddie is is a letter that holds questions. It says, "The Answers will lead you to me." I've always just kept it in my drawer, not even bothering to answer the questions. She left me. I want nothing to do with her.

Despite the fact that I try and tell myself that I don't care, I do. I miss her so much, I have a picture of us together in my drawer where the letter is. My parents destroyed any memory of Maddie after she left and made sure that I didn't have anything either. They could take away the proof of her whole entire existence but they can never take away the memory of her that lives in me. They never talk about her or what she did but I know they think about it.

I say I want nothing to do with her but I would give anything to see her again, to go back in time and make her take me with her. But, I can't do that so I've decided that hating her would numb the pain of her memory.

Today after school I have to meet him and have dinner with him too. I sighed knowing that there was no way of getting out of it as I walked into my school, Grant High. I met up with my friends Brynn and Annie and walked to class. I secretly have a boyfriend that I love with all of my heart, Hayden Summerall.

We date in secret because we are both in arranged marriages and hate our parents. That's right, I hate my parents. All they do is fight and yell at each other and pick on me for every little thing. They act perfect in public but behind closed doors...it's not pretty. I just shake off the thought and sit down in first period with Annie on my left and Hayden on my right. I smile and kiss him before the teacher walked in to start our lesson.

After school I made out with Hayden before driving back home to shower and relax before I had to go to the stupid dinner. When I walked in the door my parents were already fighting. I just rolled my eyes and ran up the stairs and locked my room door. I walked into the attached bathroom and stripped out of my school clothes before slipping into the shower.

When I finished my shower my hair was wrapped in a white towel and I was in a purple robe, lounging on my bed. There was a knock on my door. "Mackenzie?" it was Greg. "Yeah G?" I replied. "Are you getting ready? We have to leave in twenty minutes." HOLY SHIT! How long have I been on my phone??! "Yeah G, I'm actually getting dressed right now." I said hopping off the bed.

"Alright." he called before I heard his footsteps walking down the stairs. I sighed and pulled on casual clothes. Navy blue tshirt with a rose on the right pocket, black leggings and my black vans. I straightened my hair and did a natural makeup look before grabbing my phone and running down the stairs.

I slid down the railing and when I dropped to my feet, both Greg and my mom were standing by the door with their arms folded across their chests. "Really kenz? We've told you multiple times not to do that." I rolled my eyes. "And what are you wearing? This is supposed to be giving a good impression on your husband." I got mad. "What do you mean, 'what're you wearing?' I look good as hell! And he's NOT my husband." I said as I crossed my arms over my chest to mimic them and Greg sighed before opening the front door. "Not yet he isn't." he mumbled and lead us out to the car.

When we got there I wanted to turn right back around. There were four people sitting at the table. A man, a woman, a boy, and a girl that looked so similar they were practically twins. Maybe they are, dumbass. I stiffly took a seat next to my mom and I was sitting right in front of the boy who was sitting there looking bored. He was wearing a white shirt under a leather jacket and black ripped jeans. He had on vans as well which made me like him a little bit because he obviously had good taste in shoes.

"Hello Greg," the man said, shaking Greg's hand. "Ah, good evening Dale. Hello Meredith." he and my mother shook Meredith's hand. The boy rolled his eyes and I wondered what he was so pissed about. Oh wait, I know. Same reason I'm pissed. I can't lie though, he is good looking with pretty green eyes and his sandy blonde almost brown hair. "Hi, I'm Lauren." The girl to my right said and she extended her hand towards me. I smiled and shook it. "I'm Mackenzie but, call me Kenz." she nodded and smiled once more. "John, introduce yourself," she said looking at the boy. He rolled his eyes and looked at me. "I'm Johnny." he said flatly before immediately looking back at the ceiling. "I'm sorry that Johnny is dressed so, inappropriately for the occasion." Dale said as he shot a glare towards Johnny who just rolled his eyes. Man this kid is a piece of work. I thought before the waiter came.

After we all ate our parents all went to the bathroom together, weirdos. When they walked away I turned to Johnny who had been being a dick the whole night. "Listen, dick face." I said. Lauren choked on her water next to me, "I get that you don't want to be here, but neither do I. So can you just fucking suck it up and stop being a cock?" I looked at him with disgust as he just rolled his eyes at me and went back to his phone. I rolled my eyes as well and turned to Lauren who I had been talking to the entire night. "So who do you have to marry?" I asked and she sighed. "Some dude named Hayden Summerall." it was my turn to choke on water. "Are you kidding?" I asked looking at her. She shook her head sadly. "Unfortunately, no. I fucking hate that kid. Isn't he your," she glanced over at Johnny who was looking at his phone. "boyfriend?" she whispered. I was shocked. How does she know? "How do you know?" I whisper yelled. She shrugged and took a sip of water as she sat back. "I don't like him so I won't be a problem for your relationship." she said and I nodded. "Problem in what relationship?" Johnny asked and he put his foot up on the table. "Really, idiot?" I asked and he just gave me a smug grin. I rolled my eyes and went back to taking to Lauren. "So, do we have classes together?" I asked and she shrugged once more. "I dunno," she replied. I got a text from my mom

We left the restaurant. Be good and make a good impression on Johnny. We went out with the Orlando's for the night so you could all bond. Come home by 12.

Just fucking great. Now I have to spend the next two hours with this idiot. Lauren is chill but Johnny is such a dick. They all pulled out their phones and sighed. "Same message?" I asked and they nodded. This is going to be great. "You guys want coffee?" I asked with a mischievous grin.

Twenty minutes later, Johnny, Lauren and I were all sitting at a table in Starbucks at 10:30 pm on a Friday. We talked about random shit and Johnny actually talked to me this time. He seemed nice but it was ruined when the topic of why we were here came up. "I'm not marrying you," he said. I looked at him, "You have to." I told him with a look. "No, I don't. I will never love you, and I will never marry you." My eyes narrowed. "I'll never love you either." I replied. "In fact, I fucking hate you and I haven't even known you for 24 hours yet. You're an arrogant dick head who acts like a jerk for no damn reason. I don't want to marry you either but guess what? I have to. So if you could please stop being an absolute cunt, that would benefit everyone here." Lauren was laughing but johnny's eyes narrowed and his face turned to a scowl. This didn't faze me at all, in fact, I returned the expression until he eventually looked away. "Wow, we are going to get along VERY well!" Lauren said with a laugh and I laughed back, Johnny's scowl in my peripheral vision.