7. New Kid

Yo guys Conner is on the top so you can see what he looks like.

Johnny

I don't get it. Why does she think I'm out to get her? I sighed and just closed my room door and locked it. I changed into a pair of black Calvin Klein underwear and red basketball shorts. My black socks were dirty so I changed those too. I climbed onto my bed and just laid on top, not even bothering to get under the covers. I couldn't get her out of my head. Her light brown hair falling freely around her shoulders, her beautiful brown eyes, her plump lips, her cute face. I smiled as I thought about her but eventually my mood changed when I thought about what she said to me. She doesn't trust me, she thinks I'm out to get her. I sighed and left my room, running down the stairs. Lauren was still down there sitting at the table drinking tea from a cup. She looked up when she saw me and smiled. "Put a shirt on John," she said and I rolled my eyes. "My body is beautiful, thanks." I said and I flexed my biceps. She laughed and motioned for me to sit in front of her. I took a seat and she shut off her phone and looked at me. "So what's up?"

"Well, Mackenzie doesn't trust me, thinks I'm out to get her, and I think I like her a little bit." Lauren nodded and took a sip of the tea. Literally. "You can't blame her," I sighed, "I know I know. It's just, I feel so horrible for what I've done but she doesn't trust me. She doesn't want to talk to me either. How am I supposed to create a relationship with her?" "I don't know but, when are we reporting Hayden?" I clenched my jaw and my anger flared up at the mention of his name. "Tomorrow. We will get the texts from Mackenzie's phone and show them." she nodded and we talked about lighter topics for the next few hours before finally heading to bed at 3 am.

Mackenzie

I woke up at 4:57 am and sighed as I got up and put on a red t-shirt, red hoodie, black jeans, white socks and my vans. My hair was still straight from last night so I didn't need to do that. I don't usually put on makeup so I didn't today either. Too much work and no matter what, they'll call me ugly so what's the point? I quietly walked down the stairs and made it to the front door without waking anyone up. Or so I thought. "Going somewhere?" someone asked and I jumped at the voice. I looked to the right and I saw Carlyle dusting a painting. "Um, yeah. I'm just going for a walk." he nodded. "why so early? It's a school day isn't it? Don't you kids like getting all the sleep you can?" I laughed. "Yeah but, I'm not really a normal kid." he looked over at me and stopped dusting. "Is anything wrong? Perhaps I could help you with it? I mean, I do have 58 years of wisdom in my brain." I laughed again and shook my head. "No, I'm alright Mr.C, thank you though." he nodded and went back to dusting. "See you later," I called. "Goodbye. See you after school." I closed the door and instead of going on a walk I got into my car and drove to Starbucks.

Once I got there I ordered a drink and I sat down at a table with it. Once I was settled I pulled out the envelope from my pocket. "The Answers Will Lead You To Me," I decided that it's time for me to find Maddie. I need to leave. I can't do this, I can't keep living like this anymore. I took out the piece of paper from within the envelope and read the first question.

Johnny

I barely slept. I woke up at 5:34 and groaned. I tried to fall back asleep but there was no use. I got up and got dressed, pulling on a black t shirt, black hoodie, black ripped jeans, black socks, and my black vans. "Yikes, I look emo," I muttered to myself before opening my room door and heading towards the stairs. I stopped at the top stair before spinning around and walking to Mackenzie's room. I opened the door and was immediately worried when I didn't see her. "Mackenzie?" I called, no answer. I shut the door and opened Laurens room only to be greeted by Laurens body hanging half on, half off the bed, snoring loudly. I rolled my eyes and shut the door again. I ran down the stairs and searched the whole house for her but didn't find her. I did bump into Linda, our cook, who told me to ask Carlyle. I ran around trying to find Carlyle and eventually found him dusting the hallway. "Carlyle!" I shouted and he turned to me with a smile. "Johnny! How are you?" "I'm well sir," I said with a smile, "Have you seen Mackenzie?" his smile grew wider and I grew hope that he could tell me where she was. "Well, I saw her this morning and we had a little chat but I don't know where she went. Said she was going for a walk." I nodded and thanked him before walking out the front door and to my car, ready to start the hunt for Mackenzie.