26. Paint and Feathered

Mackenzie

Guys this is ridiculous," I said, referring to the plan on the whiteboard.

Step 1. Split into groups

Step 2. Group 1 pulls fire alarm while Group 2 slips into principals office.

Step 3. Change The Gang's grades, alert parents, whatever the fuck we want.

Step 4. Get the fuck out.

"You pronounced amazing, wrong kenz." Conner said and I rolled my eyes. "Guys, I'm serious. How the hell is this even gonna work?" "Um, did you read it or not?" Brynn said and Annie suppressed a laugh. "Yeah, Brynn, I read it, but how do you know the office won't be locked? Or-" "Kenz relax." Lauren cut off, "I think it's ridiculous too but after they literally threw pumpkin guts and water balloons at us yesterday, I think we can go extreme too. They're not gonna catch us because they have detention and everyone will be outside." I sighed and shrugged shoulders before responding.

"Fine." They all jumped up and started cheering, Johnny even came over and picked me up, but when he did I winced and he immediately put me down and looked at me with worry plastered all over his face. "What's wrong?" he asked and I looked away from him. "Nothing, just a little bruise or something." I said and slipped past him over to Brynn and Annie. It's not a bruise, he accidentally picked me up and touched where I cut recently. I was just so pissed at myself for eating and not being able to throw it up so I did the next best thing and cut. I could feel John still looking at me but I pretended not to notice as I kept a conversation with Hayden about the groups.

"Alright folks!" Johnny called as he clapped his hands together. "There's two groups, Group One- Annie, Brynn, Hayden. Group 2- Me, Mackenzie, Conner, and Lauren. Does that work for everyone?" We all nodded and Johnny grinned, we made eye contact and his grin seemed to widen before he looked away again. "Ok so, fire drills at the school take approximately ten minutes, thirty seconds. But no one knows that this is happening so everyone's going to think it's a real fire so it's going to take longer than that. I'm sure we can pull it off in fifteen." We all nodded before I spoke up, "Okay, sure. Let's just say we have twenty minutes to do this. Are any of us hackers? How are we going to get into the computer then change whatever we want, do whatever we want and get out, all without getting caught? And what happens if someone notices that we're missing?" Everyone seemed to be thinking about what I said so I just sat back and waited. "Well, I'm pretty good with tech," Conner said. "I'm sure I could get into her computer fairly easily, my friends back in my old town and I used to hack into shit all the time." I nodded, taking in all this new information. "Okay, great, but what about everything else?" "We could make a plan, someway to distract while you're inside." Lauren said and I nodded. The room went silent again for a while until Annie hopped and stood in front of us, drawing all of our attention to her. "Y'know what?" she started, "We just gotta wing it. If we get caught, we get caught. But at least we tried. Obviously we aren't trying to get caught but if we do just deny deny deny and act like we were just fooling around"

We all stared at her until a grin appeared on our faces, thinking about what she said. "You're right." Hayden said. "Fuck it, let's not even plan anything and just do it. What do we even have to lose? We're leaving soon anyway so let's just fuck the whole place up, burn it to the fucking ground." My grin spread even farther across my face as I stood up and faced the rest of them along with Hayden and Annie. "You guys in?" I asked and they all looked at each other before standing up and walking towards us. We all put our hands together and shouted, "1, 2, 3, FUCK IT!"

*Two days later*

My foot was tapping nervously as I watched the clock, waiting for the alarm to go off any second now. Someone placed a hand on my knee, sending electricity up my body, and I looked over to see Johnny looking at me with a worried expression on his face. "Relax kenz, it's gonna be fine." I nodded and smiled at him, feeling his words somewhat calm my nerves. I glanced back at the clock and saw it turn to 11:32, then the bell rang. Everyone stood up slowly, thinking it was just a fire drill but Mr. Karas our science teacher was freaking out. "THIS ISN'T A DRILL!" he shouted, bringing everyone's attention to him. "RUN! ITS REAL!" Everyone immediately took off, Mr.Karas included, and Johnny and I were left alone in the classroom. As the last kid ran out we both laughed at how scared everyone was before we slipped out and ran down the hall with the rest of the kids to blend in. Instead of going out the fire exit, Johnny and I took off towards the end of the hallway where Conner and Lauren would be meeting us. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, most likely the text from Annie telling us that the gang was all outside. We came to a stop by the bathroom where Conner and lauren should be and regained our composure before I pulled out my phone and grinned as I read the ok text from the one and only, Annie Leblanc. "It's a go." I said to Johnny who was grinning next to me. He looked really hot with his hair kinda messy from running, lightly sweaty, and a cute little grin on his face. I hadn't realized how close we were to each other until I glanced down at the little gap of space between us before I looked back up to his beautiful green eyes. His eyes flickered down to my lips quickly before looking back up to my eyes. Next thing I knew we both leaned in and crashed our lips together, my arms around his neck, his around my waist. Sparks were flying all around us and it felt like I was in heaven as our lips moved together. I felt so safe in his arms, pressed up against his strong muscular frame. It was nothing like how Hunter made me feel. Someone behind us cleared their throat, causing us to jump away from each other in surprise, only to be faced with a grinning Conner and Lauren. I immediately looked down to my feet, feeling my face heat up in embarrassment. "Aw, Johnny's all red," lauren cooed and I looked up to see an, indeed red, Johnny shooting a death glare at Lauren which only made her laugh harder. "Oh shut up Lauren, it's not like you and Conner didn't just suck each others face off in the bathroom before coming here." I said, causing them both to turn red and Johnny to laugh next to me. I took John's hand in mine and squeezed it lightly before turning back to Conner and Lauren who were looking at anything but each other. "Just shut up and let's go," Conner grumbled causing Johnny and I to laugh as he walked past us to the office.