29. The Past Few Months

Mackenzie

*three months after last chapter *

I grinned as I shut the trunk of the black SUV we had bought two weeks ago and climbed into the front seat of the car next go Johnny. "You ready? He asked and I nodded as I leaned over and gave him a kiss. "Let's go then," he replied with a grin. He started up the car, looked back at Hayden, Conner, Annie, Brynn, and Lauren in the back before driving out of the gates of the house and onto the road. This was the start of our adventure, and I couldn't be happier with how we got here.

*four months later*

I never thought that I would end up with an amazing group of friends that actually cared about me when I was older. I figured life was always going to be miserable and I'd end up killing myself before 30. But that's not what happened. Somehow, after everything that's happened the universe decided to be nice to me for once. So here I am, at another movie night similar to the one I had with my family 7 months ago. Except the only differences were, Annie and Brynn are together, Conner and Lauren are together, Johnny and I are together, we live in New York, and they all know. Wow, that's actually a lot different.
Let me fill you in...

Hayden and my family got me help for everything that happened, and by family I mean Hayden, Johnny, Lauren, Brynn, and Annie. With the help of a therapist and my family's support, I gained enough courage and strength to let them in on everything. The rape, the cutting, the starvation. At first they were devastated- horrified that all of this was happening right under their noses, but I made them realize that none of it was their fault and that it was because of them that I'm still here today. I'm not going to tell you that I'm 100% better but I can assure you that I am 100% getting there. My eating is better, I don't cut anymore, and I'm in therapy for the anorexia and rape. My therapist recommended that I tell the police about what Hunter did to me but I ultimately came to the decision not to. It's not worth it, he's rich and spoiled and most importantly there's no proof. I would love to get justice for what happened to me but I decided to just let the past be in the past and get on with my life.

The person I have to thank the most is Johnny. He stayed by my side the entire time and never once has he failed me. Even when he found out about what Hunter did he wasn't disgusted by me, he was disgusted by Hunter. After I was better we decided to go out with each other, and it's the best decision I've ever made. He made me feel like I could really be loved, like I actually mattered. That's something I never thought would happen. The past two months have been amazing with him and the rest of my family and I wouldn't ask for it any other way.