27. The Cell

Mackenzie

This is fucked," Conner sighed as he leaned his head back against the cold brick wall of our jail cell. I nodded even though he couldn't see me and huffed in annoyance at our situation. We all stupidly went back to the Orlando's house where the police soon showed up and arrested us all then threw us in jail. They called our parents who were angry, all of them coming to bail us out as soon as they could which probably won't be for awhile. "God forbid our parents actually give a fuck about us y'know?" Annie said and I laughed humourlessly. We all got put in the same cell together in the back so we were all alone. There were two beds that were occupied by Lauren and Hayden who were both fast asleep while me, Conner, Johnny, and Annie all sat on the floor, backs to the wall complaining about our situation. Brynn was laying down resting her head in Annie's lap while annie lovingly studied her hair. It was probably the cutest thing I've ever seen. "So when're you asking her out?" Johnny asked and Annie's head snapped up from Brynn to look at him. "I-im not!" she said hastily, a blush creeping up her cheeks. We all chuckled and shook our heads while she just looked back at Brynn, smiling lovingly at the sleeping girl. "I love you," she whispered and I smiled at her words that she thought no one heard them. Yeah, I'm gonna have to inform the others but operation Brannie is a go.

Johnny

Eventually, Conner and Mackenzie both fell asleep and it was only me and Annie left. Mackenzie was curled up next to me and Conner was slumped against the wall. We had been talking for a few hours when we heard people approaching and soon enough, three guards came into view holding air mattresses. "Here y'all are, sorry it took so long." the youngest one said with an apologetic smile. I picked Mackenzie up bridal style trying not to wake her up, as Annie did the same thing so they could put the mattresses down and give us pillows and blankets. Soon they left and Annie played Brynn down and tucked her in and I did the same to Mackenzie. The cell was fucking huge so we had no problem with space, the other two bed were Queens so Conner went to sleep with Lauren. I was mildly concerned about his but A. I know he won't do anything like that, B. I can keep an eye on them from where I am, and C. He's too damn tired to do anything but pass out again in the bed. Annie shared a mattress with Brynn and I shared with Mackenzie. We rolled over to look at each other so we could keep talking and sighed when they turned out the hallway lights, engulfing us in the darkness. "I really like Mackenzie," I whispered to Annie who rolled her eyes. "I know, ask her out idiot!" she whispered back and I chuckled. This girl is awesome, I can tell she's going to be one of my best friends. "Then you ask Brynn out!" I said and she went quiet causing me to chuckle again. "Okay so how about this," she started, "you and I both help each other ask each others live interest out. Like, you help me with Brynn and I help you with Mackenzie. We can be each other's wing man, and like, be there for each other."

"Hell yeah bro, I'm in!" I said and reached over to dab her up. We laughed and talked for a little while longer before we both said goodnight, wrapped our arms around our girls, and drifted off into sleep.

Mackenzie

I woke up early, wrapped in someone's arms from behind. When I turned my head slightly I could see that it was Johnny and I immediately felt a hundred different emotions- happiness, relief, attraction. It felt good to be in his arms, like I just belonged there. I smiled and let myself fall back asleep comfortably in Johnny's arms, but not before seeking a peek at my friends to see Lauren and Conner, and Brynn and Annie cuddled up together in their beds too.

The next time I woke up, I awoke to the sounds of whispers and I saw Johnny talking to Annie and Hayden. "Good morning," John said as he turned to me with a grin, voice still slightly raspy from sleep. God nothing is sexier than a tired Johnny with messy hair and a raspy voice in the morning. I couldn't resist the urge to just lean in and kiss him, so I did. And he kissed back. I heard both Hayden and Annie cheering quietly but I ignored them, flipped the bird in their direction, and deepened the kiss with Johnny.

Eventually, we pulled back from each other, both panting heavily and grinning widely. "That's the best way to start the morning," John said with a grin and I blushed. He took my hand in his and joined back the conversation with Hayden and Anna with me joining in as we waited for the rest to wake up.

Johnny

Once everyone woke up we pretty much just talked, ate the food they brought us, and planned a ridiculous escape route that consisted of knocking out guards and using ninja skills to parkour our way out. "Your parents are here for you," someone behind us said, interrupting our laughter and starling us all. "Wait, all of our parents?" Hayden asked and the guard shook his head no.

"Just yours," he said as he pointed to Mackenzie. Her eyes widened and I could practically feel her heart start to race in her chest as she was wrapped in my arms from behind as we sat on the air mattress. I kissed her shoulder and whispered in her ear, "It's okay kenz, we're all here with you." I reassured and she seemed to calm down a little. "All of you, let's go." he said and we all got up, confused but nonetheless happy to get out of the cell. We walked to the front of the building, me holding Mackenzie's hand the whole way.

Once we entered the lobby, I saw Mr. and Mrs. Gisoni in the lobby of the police station. Once they turned to us I saw Melissa's eyes narrow. "Are you kidding me?" she said as she walked towards Mackenzie. My protective instinct took over and I stood in front of mackenzie, blocking her mother from coming too close. She looked at me for a brief second before looking back to her daughter. "Do you have any idea how bad this looks? For me and the company? 'Melissa and Greg Gisoni's daughter arrested with hooligan friends for vandalism and police evasion'?!" her mother shrieked, causing all of us to grimace. "You're in big trouble young lady, we're going to sort this out before you make more bad decisions and end up stupid and dead like Madison." Mackenzie ripped her hand out of my grasp and stepped in front of me, anger clearly running through her veins. "Don't you DARE, insult Maddie like that!" she screamed, taking her mother by surprise. "She is NOT, dead and she is NOT, stupid! She is alive, and well, and better off without you and your stupid life tainting hers! She made the right decision and left while she had the chance, something I wish I had done! My friends are not hooligans either so thank you for bailing us out, but fuck off and leave me alone. Go back to your job or your business deal, or wherever the fuck you came from!" everyone was standing there in shock, looking back from mackenzie to her mother, waiting to see what was going to happen. Mackenzie was practically shaking in rage as she stood her ground against her mother and stared at her, breathing heavily. Melissa raised her hand to smack mackenzie but I saw it before she could and grabbed her wrist just as she swung. "I don't think so, Mrs. Gisoni." I said calmly before dripping her hand. I turned back to our friends, "Let's go." I told them before taking mackenzie's hand and leading her out the building past a few shocked people and Mr Gisoni who gave Mackenzie a nod with a proud look on his face that she returned before heading out the doors.