31. The End part 2

Mackenzie

The woman nearly dropped her phone in realization, and I was holding something, I would  have done the same thing.  Only one thought was going through my mind at the moment and it was like a never ending loop.

Maddie. It's Maddie. She's here.

Maddie was the first one to speak. "Mackenzie?" she said breathlessly as she stood up.  I didn't respond, only threw myself into her arms and burst out into tears. "It's you, it's you, it's you," I repeated, crying into her shoulder. She cried along with me and whispered things things like 'I know,' and 'I can't believe this.' The little white dog who was previously perched next to her on the bench was now looking at us curiously as if asking what the hell was going on. When we pulled away from each other I studied her face to make sure it was really her and not just my mind playing tricks on me. But after a few moments I realized that it was really her. Maddie is really here. We both burst out into millions of questions and words we had been waiting to say for years but were interrupted by the dog's sudden bark. He seemed to be looking at something behind me and when I turned around I saw a very confused looking Johnny bundled up in a winter coat holding two cups of hot chocolate in his hands. He looked between me and Maddie before opening his mouth to speak.

"Um...did I miss something?"

The End.

Thank you all so much for reading I Will Never Love You. This is my second book done and I'm incredibly grateful for everyone who's read it. We have close to 10k reads y'all! This book did not turn out the way I wanted it to at all because I made it way too serious but what's done is done and I had fun writing it so I hope you all enjoyed reading it too.

I want to leave you all with a little something you should know.

I Will Always Love You ❤