5. I'm Sorry.

Mackenzie

I walked into fourth period and sat next to Brynn, Annie was in the front of the class but she shot me a worried look. "Kenz you okay?" Brynn asked from next to me and I nodded before turning my attention back to Mr. H in the front. He was teaching a math concept that I already knew so I just laid my head on my arm that was propped on the desk. I felt my eyes getting heavier and heavier until my eyes rolled to the back of my head and I lost consciousness.

Johnny

I was walking through the halls of the school angry as hell. That fucking Hayden kid is such a dick. I was fuming, thinking about what Hayden did and what those stupid girls did to Mackenzie which was weird because I don't even like Mackenzie. I'm honestly confused as to why I didn't just walk away and let her deal with it herself. I kept walking, going absolutely nowhere, until I bumped into someone. "Oh! I'm sorry," the girl said and I looked up. She was beautiful, with brownish green eyes and reddish brown hair. She smiled at me. "I'm Nadia." I smiled back at her and shook her hand. "Johnny," we talked for a few minutes and exchanged numbers then went on our ways. I got a text from Lauren that read,

Annoying Ass Sis- COME TO THE NURSES OFFICE NOW

I was confused but I went anyway. When I walked in I saw Lauren and two other girls standing next to one of those stupid bed things that all school nurses have. When I got closer I saw Mackenzie, lying lifelessly on the bed. "What happened?" I asked worriedly. Lauren gave me a weird look but I ignored it. "We don't know," the blonde girl said. "She just passed out in the middle of class." I looked back at Mackenzie who was so pale she looked dead. "When she wakes up we can ask her what happened. I'm sure it's nothing serious. " The brown haired girl said to reassure all of us. "Who are you guys?" I asked. "I'm Brynn and this is Annie," the blonde girl said and she motioned towards the brown haired one. "So who are you to Mackenzie?" Annie asked me. "I'm her fiance I guess," their eyes widened. "So you're Johnny." Brynn said, crossing her arms. "Um, yeah?" I replied confused. The girls all looked at each other as if they knew something I didn't. "Is there something going on?" I questioned and Annie answered. "You're the jerkoff she has to marry? The guy who calls her fat and ugly?" Guilt spread across my chest and into the rest of my body. "She's not even fat you asshole!" Brynn said angrily, "She's skinny as fuck! Probably a little too skinny. And she's beautiful, why would you tell her such horrible things?" Brynn asked almost in tears. Annie wrapped her arms around Brynn and held her as she tried to regain her composure. "He's just like the rest of them," Annie told Brynn. "The rest of who?" I asked. "The rest of the school idiot!" Lauren said from next to me. "How?" I exclaimed and Annie answered me immediately. "They all do it. Call her fat, ugly, tell her to kill herself. I bet they got her today too since we weren't there." I knew what they were talking about now. Those girls who punched Mackenzie earlier were bullying her. "It's everyone?" I asked, voice shaky. "Not just those two girl earlier?" they shook their heads. Next to me Lauren looked like she was going to cry so I pulled her into a hug. "Should we see if there's a bruise? Where they punched her today?" I asked and once again a head shake. "No, she doesn't want us to see her without clothes. She's never told us why though," Brynn answered. "Well then shouldn't we find out?" I asked but they didn't get to answer, Mackenzie's eyes opened and she stirred around in the stupid bed thing. "Wha, what's?" Mackenzie asked, confused. Lauren, Annie, and Brynn immediately rushed closer to Mackenzie and tackled her in hugs. She was still confused as hell, I could see it in her face. I just looked at the floor, not really knowing what to do. When the girls pulled away, Mackenzie tried to sit up and pain flashed across her face before returning back to normal. I looked to see if anyone else had noticed but it didn't seem like it. "What... what happened?" she asked again and this time someone answered. "You passed out or something," Lauren said and Mackenzie closed her eyes for a few seconds before reopening them. "I'm sorry," she replied, and Annie and Brynn quickly reassured her that it wasn't her fault. She looked at me and an expression that I couldn't read flashed across her face, just like the pain, but quickly went back to normal. "We need to go to class," she said and she tried to stand up. When she put her feet on the ground she nearly collapsed but Brynn and Annie caught her. They shot me and Lauren a glance before making sure Mackenzie could walk. What the hell is going on? I thought. "No kenz you're not going to class, you're going home." she just nodded and they started helping her walk out of the nurses office. When we got close to the door some kid walked in and laughed when he saw them. "Fatty needs help to walk?" he mocked and laughed some more. I grabbed the kid by his shirt collar and picked him up. "Excuse me!" The nurse exclaimed but I ignored her. "Watch who you're talking to, motherfucker." I growled before throwing him down on the ground. He fell on his ass and yelped. The girls were all looking at me with a weird expression but I just moved in front of them and opened the door for them.