28. Air Bud

Johnny

“How're,” gasp “You” gasp “So good?” I asked Mackenzie in between breaths as I tried to catch my breath with my hands on my knees. We all organized a little baseball game and had been playing for awhile now. We had two teams-

Mackenzie, Lauren, Annie.

Me, Conner, Brynn.

Hayden was the catcher, he and mackenzie both said he was amazing at catching her balls, and they were right. He caught them all when we struck out every time due to her amazing fast and curve balls. They aren't easy balls either, we were all majorly shocked at how good of a pitcher Mackenzie is, even MLB players are shook. “You're just bad,” she replied and I chuckled. She looked amazing in her simple outfit that consisted of an old Pirates t-shirt under her jersey and leggings. Her hair was in a ponytail and her eyes had two black lines of eye black under them making her look like she was a real player. Let's just say it's the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life. I realized I had been staring at her for while but she didn't notice, only Hayden did and he was smirking at me from next to Conner. I blushed in embarrassment before walking over to where Annie and Brynn were sitting on our cooler, Brynn sitting in Annie's lap may I add. “Man if you guys are gonna make out just do it, we'd love to watch.” I said and they rolled their eyes in sync. “Shut up John it's not like that,” Annie said and it was my turn to roll my eyes. “Yeah sure,” I replied, “Can you guys move though? I want water.” Annie stood up abruptly, causing Brynn to squeal and wrap her legs around Annie's waist and her arms around her neck. I smirked at Annie and she just smiled back knowingly before walking away.  I opened the cooler and grabbed a bottle of water before chugging it down. “Relax before you drown,” someone said next to me and I instantly recognized the voice as the most beautiful girl in the world. “Hey, I'm a growing boi. I need to stay hydrated.” I said and she grinned and shook her head. “So, since you whooped all of our asses in baseball with your amazing skills, wanna just go to the store, buy a ton of shit and just have a huge movie night?” I asked and her grin widened into a full on smile, causing my stomach to do loops. “Yeah, sure. But we have to watch Air Bud.” she said and I laughed. Air Bud is her favorite movie ever, all the Air Bud movies actually. “Fine, but only because you're cute.” I said, causing her to blush profusely. “Shut up,” she murmured and I laughed selfish before slinging an arm around her shoulder and waking back over to our friends.

“Yes!” Mackenzie yelled and threw her hands up in the air as Air Bud made the winning touchdown. “Kenz you've seen this movie hundreds of times, how do you still get excited over this?” Annie asked and we all chuckled. “Because! It's Air Bud Golden Receiver, Annie! The best movie ever made!” Mackenzie said matter of factly before sitting back down next to me. “You're crazy,” Brynn said and mackenzie stuck her tongue out at her. “Well I think you're cute,” I said and kissed her cheek, causing our friends to erupt into fits of teasing and oohs. “Well I think you're cute too,” mackenzie said back and kissed my cheek. At this point our friends were hooting and hollering and making jokes about marriage while mackenzie and I just ignored them and stared into each other's eyes.

“It's not cute if you had to watch it every Friday with her,” Hayden grumbled from the recliner causing us all to laugh. We were currently watching Air Buddies at 1:40 in the morning and mackenzie was literally quoting  the movie word for word. I just laughed again as Mackenzie rolled her eyes, flipped hayden the bird, and cuddled more into my side, causing me to feel happier than I ever have before.

It was 4:16 in the morning and we were watching Earth to Echo, arguably the best movie ever made. It was cool because it fit our situation perfectly, and that movie is just all around amazing. Friendship, adventure, bonding. I fucking love it. We just finished watching Nerve, one of my favorite movies ever. It was also about friendship and adventure so I guess that's really just the theme of tonight because that's pretty much what all of these movies are about. The whole atmosphere of tonight has been amazing. A movie night with amazing people that I love and just hanging out and watching movies. I couldn't ask for a better way to have spent my day, and I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my life like this with them too. But first, we have some business to take care of.