8. A Bad Feeling

Mackenzie

Johnny was dragging me towards the back doors of the school. "Johnny, John!" I called but he didn't say anything to me. Every step hurt because I had to stumble behind him quickly which rattled my body with every stomp I made. Once we burst through the doors and were a few feet away from the school he spun around which caused me to smash into his chest. Ow. I stepped back and looked up at him and he seemed mad. "Where the hell were you this morning?" I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. "I went out." "Yeah, what time? I woke up at like 5:40 and you weren't there. What time did you even wake up." "Around 5," he sighed and wiped a hand down his face. "Where did you go?" "Nowhere, just out. I wasn't with anyone if that's what you're asking." "Okay, fine. Now who's that kid you were just with? I don't like him." I narrowed my eyes. "Why don't you like him?" he rolled his eyes and crossed his arms just like mine before answering. "I just don't. Now who is he? Is that your new boyfriend?" "What?! No! Conner is new, we're friends." "Oh so that whole kissing each other was just friendly?" "Yes! What's it to you anyway?" his face got red and he just looked at the floor. "Nothing." "Okay then. Why are we having this conversation?" "I, I don't know. I was just worried about you." he said it like a little kid. I sighed and hugged him. He was surprised but he wrapped his arms around me and we stayed there for a few minutes. It hurt a little bit because of earlier but it also felt just so right. "Thank you," I said when we pulled away, and he gave me a puzzled look. "For caring about me," he smiled and nodded. "We should um, get back to class," I said and he nodded once more and we walked back into the school.

I was so bored in fifth period. I didn't sit next to anyone I was friends with but I also wasn't next to anyone who hated me, so that's good. The bell finally rang and I got up and packed my stuff. "don't forget this, mackfatty." Nadia said and dropped one of my notebooks on the floor. I just rolled my eyes and continued to pack up but Conner had just come up to me and heard everything. "Hey, don't talk to her like that!" he said and put an arm around me protectively. I smiled up at him but he was staring down Nadia and Ruby. "Wow, the ugly cow got a boyfriend! And who is he? The new kid!" Conner's face got angry. "Shut the hell up you Barbie bitch! You're just jealous that Mackenzie is beautiful without the ten pounds of makeup that YOU have on! Why don't you go look in the mirror and fix whatever you see before you tell others things that you should be thinking about yourself." and with that, Conner picked up my notebook and steered me out the door to lunch.

When we sat down at the table there was no one there. "My other friends, Annie and Brynn, should be her any minute." I told him and he nodded while taking a bite of his mozzarella stick. "Where's your lunch?" he asked and I shook my head.

"I don't eat lunch," he opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by Annie's shouting. "HEYO!!" She screamed and plopped down in front of me. Brynn sat down calmly next to her and said a hi normally. Conner and I laughed before Annie and Brynn looked at me with a questioning look. "Oh! Conner, this is Annie and Brynn," I said gesturing to each of them. "And Annie and Brynn this is Conner, he's new." they all said hi to each other and we started laughing and talking about different classes and our lives, getting to know each other better.

Johnny

I walked into the lunch room and looked around for mackenzie. My group of friends, Carson Lueders, Jacob Sartorious, Brandon Rowland, Leo Devries, and Charlie Lenehan, all waved me over to our usual table but I spotted Mackenzie and her friends at a table. I started to walk over there but I was pulled back by my string bag. I turned around to see Nadia and Sophia Rose. They smiled at me and I smiled back. "Hey cutie," Nadia said and I smiled wider. "You wanna hang out tonight?" "Sure," I said and she squealed before leaning over to give me a kiss on the cheek. Sophia grinned at me before putting a hand on my chest and whispering in my ear sexily, "Take care of my friend honey, and maybe she'll reward you. If she doesnt, I will." I stood there dumbfounded as she kissed my cheek and walked away after Nadia. I turned to my group of friends who were watching and they all looked shocked. Carson motioned for me sit and I did, temporarily forgetting about Mackenzie.