11. Smash.

Johnny

I felt guilty laying next to Nadia that night. We've only been dating for two days and both of those we've had sex. Does that make me a man whore like Lauren said? Whatever, I don't care what Lauren thinks. But a part of me was wondering what Mackenzie thought. I feel bad for not doing anything when Nadia slapped her, it reminded be of the time she was bleeding. I know someone at school did it and it angers me everytime I think of it. Probably that fucking Hayden kid. I didn't get to sleep until around three in the morning with all the thoughts swirling around my head.

I was woken up the next morning by my phone alarm. Nadia groaned next to me and sat up and all the guilt flooded back to me. I shrugged it off though and when Nadia got up I decided to walk to Mackenzie's room to check up on her. I knocked on the door and she didn't answer so I opened it. Surprisingly, she was in there and not gone. It was only 6:24 but she's usually gone by now. Her eyes were closed and she was laying on the bed dressed for school, with earbuds in. She was wearing that cute orange hoodie and blue ripped jeans with black socks. I smiled and walked over to her and I touched her arm to get her attention. When I did she jumped and fell off the bed completely. She stood up immediately afterwards looking embarrassed but I didn't laugh or anything, just kept smiling at her. She took the earbuds out and I started a conversation, "Good morning, I'm surprised that you're here and not out somewhere." she looked at the floor before responding, "Yeah I just decided to stay and relax." I nodded and we just stayed there for a few minutes. She didn't look up at me and I didn't know why but I finally realized, I had no shirt on. "Oh shit, sorry. I'll go get dressed. You look beautiful though," I said and she glanced up at me before I walked out the door and to my room.

Mackenzie

When I saw that Johnny was shirtless I immediately looked away. He looked really good, especially with his hair messy from just waking up. We had a conversation but when he said I looked beautiful my heart stopped. He left right after but the words were still there, swirling around my head. It made me feel good, happy even. I don't know how though, I was just wearing plain clothes. I tried to shake it off and I left my room to go downstairs.

When I sat at the table Lauren smiled at me before taking a bite of her cereal. Ew, Raisin Bran. I just pulled out my phone and scrolled on instagram. I don't follow anyone from the school except Brynn and annie. Only famous people like Logan Paul and Emma Watson. My account doesn't have my name on it because if it did we all know what would happen. "Kenz why aren't you eating?" lauren said and I diverted my attention from my phone to her. "I'm not hungry in the morning," I said but she looked unconvinced. "But you don't eat at night either," I looked at her once more and answered her, "Lauren, I've only been here for two days. Just because I didnt eat those days doesn't mean I don't eat dinner. And, I went out with Mark for dinner one of those days too." her serious expression soon turned into amusements. "Oh you guys went on a date!" My cheeks reddened and Lauren laughed. "No, no. We're just friends." I replied and that made her laugh even more. "That's what you said about Conner but here we are." I threw a banana at her and laughed along with her. "What's so funny?" a voice asked and when I looked up I saw Johnny with his arms around Nadia. Lauren and I looked at each other and she made a funny face that I couldn't help but to laugh at. "Nothing John," Lauren said and Nadia looked at her then glared at me with a look of hatred. That shut me up really quick, I looked back to my phone and waited until it was time to leave for school. Johnny sat down to my left and Nadia to my right. She stared at me the whole time and I ignored her. They all talked about who knows what while I just texted Conner. Eventually we all got up to leave and Johnny and Lauren raced to the front door to be first. I was left walking with Nadia and my heart rate immediately sped up. Once Lauren and Johnny were outside Nadia grabbed my arm and pulled me into the wall. Her eyes bore into mine with a look so deadly I was paralyzed. "Look Ziegler. I know that you're engaged to Johnny or whatever, but he's MINE. And you will NOT take him away from me." I just stared at her and when I didn't say anything her grip on my arm got tighter. It was going to leave a bruise. "N-Nadia I'm not trying to steal Johnny. I don't even like him and he doesn't like me." she smiled evilly and released my arm. I looked down to where her hand had previously been and there was a red hand imprint. Before I could dodge it, Nadia had balled her hand into a fist and punched me in the face. I fell back from the sudden blow and she laughed before kicking me once and walking out the door. I felt my cheek start to swell up and pain radiating through my face. I got up before anyone came after me and walked out the door.