12. Commotion.

Johnny

It's been three hours since I arrived at the hospital. They took mackenzie immediately and I had to wait about an hour before I had some company. The whole time I sat in the waiting room, freaking the hell out. What if she dies? I texted Lauren and told her to being Brynn and Annie. Ten minutes later they arrived and they were with conner as well. I hated that he was here but I know he's her friend. That was two hours ago. Now we are all waiting patiently in the waiting room. Well, they're waiting patiently. I've been tapping my foot the entire time just freaking out. A doctor came in and walked over to us. I shot up and stood in front of him. "Is she okay? Can we see her? Is she dead?" I fired off questions quickly until he held a hand up to stop me. "Sir, sir, sir. She is alright." I let out a breath of relief and managed to put a smile on my face. She's okay. "Are you guys immediate family? Because if not I can't let you in." My breath caught in my throat for a second. No no no. I have to see her, I need to see her. "Yes I'm her fiance," I said quickly. I mean, I'm not lying. "And these are my sisters Lauren and Brynn. This is Mackenzie's sister Annie. And her brother Conner." Lauren and Brynn were blonde like me and annie was brunette so it was believable. I don't know about Conner but it was enough. He nodded before saying, "Follow me." he lead us down a hallway and stopped at a door before opening it. When we walked in my heart felt stabbed. Mackenzie was laying in the hospital bed with bandages around her head and her hand in a cast. When the girls walked in they gasped and rushed to Mackenzie's side. "She has a broken hand," the doctor started. "As well as a concussion. She's going to be alright but also in a lot of pain. Her hand must've been slammed in some kind of door for that kind of damage, and she most likely fell and hit her head. Am I correct?" I looked at him and nodded. "I-I only know that she fell," he nodded and turned to walk out the room but stopped and said something to us. "She's only unconscious, she should wake up soon." and then he walked out the door.

We were all sitting around Mackenzie, waiting for her to wake up. My phone is blowing up with texts from Nadia but I don't care. All I care about right now is Mackenzie. We've been sitting in silence for ten minutes all thinking about what's going on. "What happened?" Annie asked suddenly and we all looked at her, then they all looked at me. I'm the only one who knows a little bit. I explained to them what happened when I found her and they all nodded. When I was done Lauren looked sad but Annie, Brynn and Conner all looked mad. "What's wrong?" I asked and they all looked at me. "It's was those motherfuckers." annie said angrily. Her teeth were clenched and her hands balled into fists. Brynn took notice and she pulled Annie into a hug to calm her down. It was funny because Annie was the one comforting Brynn the last time I saw them. "Who?" I asked and this time Conner answered me. "That fucking girl, the one with reddish hair." I had no idea who he was talking about so I let it go. We heard a groan come from Mackenzie and we all stood up and surrounded her bed. No one said anything except for Brynn who whispered at Conner to turn the bright lights off. Seconds later mackenzie's eyes fluttered open and she tried to sit up. "No stay down," I said but she didn't listen and sat up anyway. Her eyes opened again and she looked around at us as if she were trying to figure out who we were. "Wha-what happened?" she asked and we all breathed out, relieved. "Why am I here?" she was so cute when she was confused. Her brown eyes were looking at us so innocently and her voice was so quiet. "You passed out, Kenz." I answered and she turned to look at me. She studied my face for a second before answering me. "I thought I died." then she fell back into the bed and sighed. We all looked at each other and the same expression was mirrored on each of our faces. Worry. "Why do you think you died?" Conner asked shakily. "Because I want to." she said with her eyes closed. We all looked at each other again. She lifted her arm up and instantly winced. "You okay Kenz?" Lauren asked and mackenzie nodded. She opened her eyes and looked at her left broken hand. Then she laughed. I was confused, why is she laughing about that?