3. Surprise!

Mackenzie

Tears were streaming down my face as I drove to Hayden's house. Why do I have to do this? Why couldn't Maddie have just taken me with her?! I parked in front of his house and knocked on the door frantically. He came to the door a few seconds later looking worried. I immediately wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him hard. He wrapped his around my back and put his head on top of mine. He just held me gently for a few minutes. "What's wrong babe?" he asked softly and I released him. He wiped my tears from under my eyes and smiled at me. "God I probably look so ugly right now," I said with a laugh. He shut the door and looked at me with a frown. "You're never ugly, Kenz." he said and grabbed my hand. He lead me upstairs to his room and we just sat on his bed and talked for a while. We ended up snuggling together in his bed watching Netflix. I love this boy so much, he's the best boyfriend in the world.

Johnny

When Kenzie went racing away from our house I walked back in feeling a little guilty. When I closed the door and turned around, Lauren was there waiting for me with her arms folded across her chest. "What the hell is wrong with you John?" she asked and I just rolled my eyes as I walked past her. She grabbed my shirt sleeve and I spun around to meet her gaze. "What Lauren, what?!" I asked annoyed. "Why do you hate Kenzie so much?" I stared at her. Why do,I hate her so much? I mean, she's just as upset as I am about his whole thing. It's not like she wants to marry me. "I don't." I said and crossed my arms in the same way her's were. "Really John? You don't hate her? You've called her fat and ugly like three times now! Is that why she left so upset?" I nodded. I only said that stuff because I'm mad. I'm mad that I have to marry a stranger and I'm mad that there's no way out of it without being cast out of the family. "I said that she's fat and ugly because isn't that everyone's worst nightmare?" I asked and she shrugged. "I'm just so damn pissed about all of this." "I know you're mad Johnny but it isn't like she's excited about it either, especially after how you've been treating her." Lauren stated and a pang of guilt hit me right in the chest. "You should apologize." Lauren said and I laughed. "I'm not apologizing. No way in hell I'm apologizing to a cow." I said and this time Lauren came over and smacked me across the face. "Are you fucking kidding me John?!" "What? I don't like her! She's hot, but, I don't want to marry her."

Lauren was fuming, her face was red and her eyes stared into mine like daggers. " if you think she's hit why the hell do you keep saying she's ugly?! God, Fuck you John. She doesn't want to marry you either so go throw yourself a pity party. You can object but it's not going to change anything. So can you just be nice to her?" I rolled my eyes and walked upstairs. I felt a little bad but anger and resentment would soon fill my emotions when I hear the news my parents would bring.

Mackenzie

I woke up in someone's arms. When I looked up and saw Hayden, fast asleep, I smiled and kissed his cheek. I slipped out from Hayden's arms and picked up my phone. 1:34am, "Shit," I muttered. Multiple texts from Lauren were displayed on the screen asking where I was and if I was okay. I slipped my phone in my pocket and wrote a note for Hayden then dashed down the stairs, out the door, and into my car.

When I walked into my house, my parents were both sitting on the couch. "Oh thank god," my mom said and rushed over to me. She wrapped me in a tight hug and soon enough Greg was in on it too. "I'm sorry." I said when they pulled away. "I went to see, uh, Brynn because I was missing them." I lied. they can't, and won't, ever know about Hayden and I. "You should have called us." My mom said as she folded her arms across her chest. "I know mom, I'm sorry. I'm very tired can I please just go to sleep?" she sighed and unfolded her arms. "Okay honey. Goodnight." insights and nodded before running up the stairs to my room. Once I was in, I locked the door and went to my bathroom. I looked in the mirror and immediately cringed. Jesus Christ, I'm fucking huge. I just turned away from the mirror and looked under my sink. Yes, there it was. My trusty, dusty box. Inside there was a first aid kit, razors, and a pair of scissors. I sat down on my bed and opened it, pulling out a new razor. I took off my leggings and there they were, the scars and cuts of my life, right in the middle of my right thigh. It's my little escape, my only coping method. I pressed the razor to a part of my thigh that wasn't covered in cuts, a very rare thing for me, and counted as I made each cut. Five for my fatness, five for my ugliness, three for Hayden because he shouldn't be with an ugly fatty like me. Johnny's words came to me as I watched the blood trickle down my leg. "Why would he date a fat ass like you?" I made two on my wrist when I remembered this. I can't cut there a lot because people would notice, and that would make everything worse. When the blood stopped coming I walked to the bathroom and stripped the rest of my clothes. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror before I closed the shower curtain. Johnny's words came back to me in an instant,Just so you know, I would never hang out with your ugly, fat ass if it weren't for my stupid ass parents. Fucking fat ass probably wants the whole store."