5*

❛falling out of love is like loosing weight, it's a lot easier putting it on than taking it off❜ - Aretha Franklin (r

falling out of love is like loosing weight, it's a lot easier putting it on than taking it off - Aretha Franklin (r.i.p)
______________________________________[
   EVERYDAY IM HERE more and more of my questions seem to fade away with each passing day. Instead of my mind focusing on the loud questions, it focused on trying to remember small facts about everyone. Like how Hailiee isn't into reality shows, but she'll still sit, watch, and from time to time, she'll laugh or yell at the people. Or Austin and his need to pronounce every letter in every word. Joey, and how he actually likes his alone time and being quiet despite his need to always joke around and talk. And Caleb, how every fifteen seconds he touches his hair to "fix" it when he's nervous.

    A few days had passed since that night Joey and I watched the stars on the roof, and since then I've gotten more comfortable in my skin and in Hailiee's home. Every morning, we go over to Caleb's house because-as Hailiee claims- she wants me to try to remember more now that she knows I've been having flashbacks. Though, I know the real reason is because she practically annoys Joey to cook breakfast for her, which turns into him making breakfast for everyone.

   "I don't know why I fall for it every time." I hear the tan skinned boy mumble as he turns the pan full of sizzling scrambled eggs onto Hailiee's pearl white plate.

    "Me either." She shrugs as she turns happily to her plate of bacon and eggs.

    Joey looks at me and raises his pan to me, asking if I wanted any. I switch the mug that rests warmly between my hand and my sweater to the other side, raise it with a light smile, and shake my head no. Soon after, Caleb emerges through the doorway with his just his pajama pants on. My eyes travel up to see his toned, golden chest, and then to his sleepy eyes and bed head. I find myself staring and before his eyes could meet mine , I turn my head back to Hailiee hungrily eating her food and walk to the other side of the dining room.
   I leaned my body up against the window that was adjacent to where Caleb was and spoke, "So is there anything happening today."

    I see Caleb's head twitch, "Uhm, you're meeting the scientist that helped us escape." He turned and rested an arm on the counter, coffee in his hand.

   "Scientist?" I ask.

   "Yeah. He was one of the people that worked on the thing that makes us like Captain America." Austin said as he sat next to Hailiee who was patting her belly with a satisfied grin played on her face.

   I nodded as Austin continued to explain, "After he found out what the governments intention was with us, he decided he didn't like it and took the ones who hadn't been 'brainwashed' yet."

   Joey answers my question before I can even think it, "What he means by brainwashing is," He stumbles over his words, "Okay, so, she'd bring you into this room, right? And there's this huge TV waiting to play. The first thing she's do though, is strap you down."