24*

"Well now really when we go back into falling in love

"Well now really when we go back into falling in love. And say, it's crazy. Falling. You see? We don't say "rising into love". There is in it, the idea of the fall. " - Alan Watts
___________________________________
day four - those three words

I HAD FEELINGS FOR Caleb, and that's the truth. I couldn't avoid it. He is my person. My person that I'm supposed to be with forever, I feel it. I said that I hated him last night, when I don't. I don't hate him and I prayed he knew that. Tomorrow is the last day that I have to do whatever it is I need to do to say goodbye. My eyes wondered the open field in front of my in the backyard. The beautiful meadow just ahead with every color and type of flower you could think of in it. Could you imagine just walking through that and just relaxing there without a care in the world? Just live. Just be.

Hailiee walked by me without a word, yoga mat in her hand. Now she was definitely, officially done talking with me ever since I told her what I agreed to last night. I haven't seen Caleb since last night after my dramatic breakdown that wasn't really like me. But that's what grief does to you, it turns you into someone you'd never think you'd become. I made an agreement with myself, a promise, that I would never become a monster. A cold hearted killer. I promised myself that, and I don't intend on breaking it.

I heard the floor creak behind me. I turned around and saw Caleb's figure, earbuds in, hoodie on with the hood up, sweat pants and socks. He somehow managed to still look like a greek God, which pissed me off. My eyes lingered, trying to read his mind. That's when he looked at me. He looked at me as if I were a stranger to him, like I betrayed him almost as bad as Austin did not too long ago. His adam's apple bobbed up and down and with that he turned away, ignoring my existence.

I let out a frustrated breath. My patience was wearing thin when it came to them understanding. At this point, they either understood or they didn't and I just stopped caring. As long as I knew what I was doing was right, then so be it.  But maybe it isn't right. Maybe I should've gone back on my deal and tried to make up a plan to kill Alaina despite my word. But that would make me a promise breaker, and that's not who I am. When I say I'll do something and promise I'll do it, then I'll do it.

That's who I am. That's who Alaina is too. The potential that she has to swipe all three of us up like that scared me. I was thankful that she doesn't know the location of the house per my request. One of her henchmen dropped us here and then proceeded to kill himself. Harsh, but effective.

"Do you hate me or something?" I said to myself looking up towards the sky.

Maybe I am and idiot.

-----

"You really think that her leaving will work?" Hailiee asked Caleb.