23*

" i'm sorry

" i'm sorry ... " -Peter Parker, Avengers: Infinity War
__________________________________
day three - the truth comes out

"WHAT IS IT NAT?" Caleb asked, eyeing me up and down.

Like a band-aid, "ItoldAlainathati'dgowithhwewillinglyinordertosaveyouguysandkeepyouguysfromdyingbecausehonestlyidontthinkthaticoul-"

"Okay, slow down. Breath. Start over-slower this time please." Hailiee interrupted.

I sighed, "I told Alaina that I'd go with her willingly, in order to keep you guys from dying."

Silence was all I got back in return. My anxiety was starting to build back up again, I twiddled with my fingers as I watched their faces. Hailiee was off in a daze, looking down towards my legs and Caleb was stuck staring straight at me with a look that could kill.

"This is a fucking joke right? Are you kidding me? And when were we going to discuss this? Natalie, are you an idiot?" Caleb reprimanded.

"It's not a joke Caleb." I gulped.

Caleb stood up, ran his hand down his face and turned back to me, "Alright, alright, when in the hell did this happen?"

"You and Hailiee were knocked out, I guess they didn't give me enough anesthesia. She was sitting right in front of me and we made a deal. Leave you guys alone and I'll go with her without a fight." I explained, trying to speak calmly.

Caleb shook his head while Hailiee was still silent, the gears in her head visibly moving, "Alright well, can't we-can't we come up with-with a plan or something? We could use this to finally end-"

"No we can't." I said.

"Yes we can, you need to be positive about this Natalie we can-"

"She told her she could kill us if we fought back. Didn't you?" Hailiee spoke up.

I guess they took my silence as my answer.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Natalie..please tell me you're lying and this is a joke, you're just trying to get us to talk again and be normal - please." Caleb begged, his voice breaking.

"I-Caleb, I'm sorry. Please try to see this is my perspective." I replied.

His breathing was heavy, "You are...unbelievable." And he walked right past me without a second glance. I was like a knife to my chest.