20*

" it hurts , please make it stop , it hurts " -Elena Gilbert, Vampire Diaries_______________________________

_______________________________

THE HUMAN BODY CAN fit about 1.2 gallons of blood.
You'd never except so much to be held inside such a small capsule. But it can, and when it comes out it looks frightening. The very thing helping other parts of your body function. With it gone, everything falls apart.

My ears deafened from the sound of the bullet. I watched as it pierced Joey's body through his temple. It all happened in slow motion. His head jerked to the side due to the force of the bullet. His head flopped down wards, as did his body went down with a thump.

I felt the blood splatter against my face from him being so close to me. The blood from his body flowed outward and touched the tips of my feet. My screams and cries scratched against my throat. I almost didn't notice Caleb tugging on his chains and the chains nipping at his wrists forcing blood to ooze out.

"Caleb, stop!" I shouted out my voice sounding shallow.

As soon as I shouted, Caleb stopped and took a second to look at his wrists and then back at me. Whatever was said next, was muted to my ears. Alaina and Austin walked out while Caleb was speaking. I felt defeated like this was all hopeless. Everything was hurting. My voice was working anymore and neither were any of my senses. My body felt like it was starting to shut down.

It thought I was still muting everything out, but it actually was quiet. The only thing I could hear was Caleb's uneven breathing along with Hailiee's soft crying. My eyes felt heavy and soon they shut on their own despite me trying to stay awake. I dreamt of Joey.

___________

When I came to, I saw Caleb and Hailiee asleep and Alaina right in front of me.

"What the hell do you want?" I grimaced.

"You." She implored.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, "You are so special. I need you back, say you will and your friends die quickly."

"You didn't even have the decency to take Joey's body away." I squint my eyes at her.

"He's out of sight right? That was the least I could do." Alaina jeered, "Your friends die either way. I'd just give up now."

I took a second to think to myself. She was right. Even if I stood my ground, there's nobody else to rescue us and get us out of here. We're on our own.

I sighed, "Fine. I'll go with you, without a fight." I can't lose anyone else today, my heart can't take it.

She smiled triumphantly, "But, in exchange, you leave my friends alone and let them go. Give them a new place to stay and let them live. And...you have to give me at least five days to say goodbye and get myself ready."

"Hmm. Seems fair. But if I even suspect you're trying to use this as a way to kill me-"

"Then you can kill my friends right in front me," I finish for her.

Her smile became wider, "You have yourself a deal." She snapped her fingers and I felt a prick in my neck. The room faded to black.