12*

*ITS THE FINAL COUNTDOWN DUN DUN DUN DUN DADADA DUN DUN-*

"you gonna break my heart Covey?" -To All The Boys I've Loved Before_______________________________

_______________________________

      ABOUT 3 WEEKS AFTER we talked about saving the children, it was time execute our plan. I was excited to start, excited to save the innocent. Before we left, we talked about not killing anyone unless absolutely necessary. Of course, Austin protested with a claim that everyone in the building deserved to die for what they're doing to these kids. But from what I understand, some of those guards are the kids that were brain washed. There was no way of telling who was who thanks to the fact that most of the kids grew up in that place. Thus, the not killing unless you are about to be killed. Caleb and I haven't really, fully talked about anything that happened that night. We both had some sort of mental agreement to go on with our lives and pretend it didn't happen. Hailiee, of course, was the one to tell me that I should sit him down and tell him I haven't figured out my feelings. Which is the truth. I haven't. Can't really say if I ever will. Caleb decided it was his turn to take his driving shift while everyone else was asleep. With me upfront, it felt awkward.

He sighed and pulled the car over, "I need to talk to you."

Of course, the day I'd been thinking about that night is when he wants to talk to me, "What's wrong?"

"That night." He said, "You know?"

My heart started racing, "Which night?"

"When I talked to you about Austin." Caleb whispered.

"Oh. What about it?" I asked.

"I still think something is up with him. All the protests he's been making with us about the last minute changes, and not killing unless it's needed. It just doesn't sit right with me." Caleb told.

"Caleb, I trust him. He's probably just angry with the people there. I mean, we were tortured there. Tested on like lab rats. How are you not angry? They killed your girlfriend Caleb. She's dead because of them." My words were coming out faster than I could think them up. When I mentioned his girlfriend my heart stopped.

His face dropped, "Yeah they did, but it doesn't mean that I'm going to kill every single person in there. That guard that chased you guys? He was a kid. A kid. And the fact that, that doesn't matter to Austin in concerning."

Unintentionally I changed the subject, "What did happen when they found Joey and I do you know?"

Caleb replied, "Austin said when they got there the kid was trying to get out guys out of there. He said he and Hailiee assumed it was to take you or kill you. So he shot him in the back of the head."

My breathing picked up, "What?"

The dark haired male glanced at me, "Yeah. Natalie this is what I'm saying. He didn't hesitate to kill him. The Austin I know would. He'd try and think of another solution to get you guys out. Somethings wrong. If my guess it right, I think he's working for her. And if he is. Then he's here for you. To kill you. If something happens to you-"