22*

" that feeling when you're not necessarily sad, but you just feel really empty

" that feeling when you're not necessarily sad, but you just feel really empty." -Unknown, Pinterest
_____________________________________
day two - healing

SHOWERS ARE USUALLY A time where you can let go of everything you're feeling and just be and live. But all this shower did was remind me of my sacrifice that could be seen as selfish in a way. I can't lose anymore friends. I can't lose Hailiee or Caleb. Not again. They're the only family I've got. After the shower wasn't any better either, it was like the water stuck to my skin, and sank into my body axing more weight on my shoulders and back. My head was pounding from all the stress of them not finding out and trying to figure out if I was going to find away to sneak out and leave - or tell them I'm leaving.

This is life. Unfair. It's the dictionary definition of it - Unfair. No ones life is perfect, and if it is you're in for s rough ride. Cause it feels like the more perfect it is, the more terrible your punishment is for taking it for granted. My heart fell into my stomach thinking about what I'd be leaving behind. Everything. That's was it was.

"Hey? Excuse me?" Hailiee snapped.

I snapped out of my daze and looked up at and met Caleb's eyes and looked over to Hailiee, "Sorry, sorry. What, uh, what were we talking about?"

"Killing Alaina." Hailiee spoke darkly.

"Uhm...Right." I cleared my throat.

A pause, "You know what, we could finish this tomorrow. I've kind of reached my limit of talking about it today anyways." Caleb said, rolling up the blueprints in front of him.

Hailiee reluctantly agreed and stormed off. Quiet cries and voice breaks could be heard as she walked away. Caleb walked around the table until he was next to me, and leaned back against the table. I rested my forearms against the table and put my head in my hands.

"You alright in there." Caleb said poking the top of my head.

I took a breath before answering, "I don't know. I've just been out of it lately. Like I'm watching myself outside of my own damn body."

I looked over at Caleb as he watched me with his eyebrows drawing upwards, concerned, "I don't know Caleb. Do you think we're ever gonna be the same?"

He sighed as I hopped up on the table and sat, "No. I mean obviously we'll find a way to be a new version of normal but...no. We won't be the same. We're all broken, trying to mend ourselves together with tape and glue."

I watched intently as his eyes shifted from welcoming to closed off. I still tried to search his eyes, however, to find something to give me a clear sign of what he's feeling.