6*

❝'It's a great honor

❝'It's a great honor.' said Fedyor. 'To save a life, you've saved many.'❞-Shadow and Bone.
......................................................................................

   ABOUT A WEEK OR so before we left for the facility that held all of those brainwashed people, Hailiee taught me how to use a silencer, and a staff. Long story short I'm better with guns and Hailiee is a bad teacher. She would get frustrated whenever I wouldn't get something right away. I tried my best to get everything right, but aiming and shooting were just easier and came more naturally to me.

   "Alright here's the plan," Caleb started, "Natalie is gonna stay outside about a block away with Joey. While Austin and Hailiee go undercover as guards and escort Dr. Phillips to his office."

  Austin picked up after Caleb had finished, "While we walk him to the office, Caleb will be climbing through the air ducts to find a power source to all of the electricity. Once Dr. Phillips gets all the files on us and Natalie, Caleb you're going to cut the power and that way we can make it look like our files have been corrupted. But be sure to corrupt other files as well."

  I nodded along, "What will I be doing exactly?"

  "As of right now, you and Joe are back up incase any of us get in trouble. That's why I had you train so hard. We don't know if you have any of your fighting skills still in there and we'd rather not risk it with such a high task." Hailiee explained.

    "Understandable." I shrugged, "But. If this goes wrong is there a 'Plan B'?"

     Austin smirked, "How could it? It's my plan. My plans always work."

    I raised my eyebrows at him and turned my attention back down to the blueprints he had laid out across the dinner table.

   "Everyone know what their doing?" Austin glanced around as all of us nodded in agreement, "Alright. Let's go."
......................................................................................
   We were half-way through the plan, and someone had already come close to messing up. Take a wild guess on who it was.

    "Hailiee, get it together please." Joey said in a hushed voice.

    "Shut the hell up. What was I supposed to do? Not knock the guy out." Hailiee replied, her voice sounding more electronic.

    "Did you have to make so much noise?" I spoke rubbing my temples out of stress.

    "That was not my fault Natalie, that guy was strong." Hailiee excused.

     "Alright whatever," Joey dismissed, "Just make sure you're more alert. Just because Dr. Phillips is with you, doesn't mean your safe. If they find out your with him they kill you and the doctor. So be careful."

    "When am I no- ow!" Hailiee was interrupted by what I assume was Austin either nudging her really hard, or pinching her. Either way, I silently thanked him for shutting her up.

  "Eyes up, stay focused." Austin dismissed everyone from the line and shut off his mic.

    I sighed and sat back with my eyes closed. I tilted my head from side to side in an attempt to crack it and further relax my muscles.

   "You okay?" Joey placed his hand on my shoulder.

    I look at him with a hum, "Yeah. Just tired is all."

    He nodded in reply and placed his focused back on his computer with security recordings covering it. He had another one open and ready for coding if need be. My eyes began to burn due to my lack of sleep recently. I can only imagine how tired Joey his because his sleep schedule was just as bad as mine.

    Almost every night when one of us was wide awake, the other would get them and we'd go up the the roof and stare up at the stars, making shapes and tiring ourselves out. We would tell each other fantasy stories of queens being betrayed by their family and loved ones. It became our special thing. My eyes grew heavier by the minute. I forced my eyes to stay open while they screamed back at me with anger and fury, to let them rest. My mind started to race with thoughts dating back to my lack of memory.

    I grew angry at any of the reasonings as to why someone would do what they did. Take away a part of me and leave me alone to overthink and tremble in fear. Did I know too much of something? Was I coming close to defeating an enemy? Or did they simply do it for fun to set everyone back? I turned to the car window and gulped down my anger heavily.

  I blinked slowly as I blocked out the silent murmurs if Joey talking to Austin, Caleb, and Hailiee. My heart beat steadily in my chest and I had finally felt something I haven't in a little bit. Peace and relaxation. Although it isn't the ideal time to feel it, I still do for some odd reason. Maybe it's because i'm not in any immediate danger, and that I'm not currently being bombarded with questions and information from other.

     "They got the drive." I hear Joey speak beside me, snapping my from me daze.

    "That easy?" I say with a little more surprise in my voice than I meant.

     "Well not really, Austin was almost made and Caleb went into the wrong room. So they had to come up with something on the spot, so, Hailiee pretended to capture him and cuffed him. She was supposed take him to questioning, from what I heard, but she took him around the back and he's on his way back now." Joey explained to me, eyes glued to security cams.

     "Was he able to cut the power?" I sighed again and put my full attention to the outside world and looked for any moving figures.

     "Yeah but instead of wires, he had to do it through their computer system. Let's hope they don't have logs in there." Joey stated, frustrated.

      I rubbed my eyes, "You know you can take a nap. It's not like we're in any trouble right now."

    I turned to Joey and shook my head no, "It's alright. I'd rather be awake just in case anything happens."

     "Okay. Insomniac." Joey said.

     Despite my tired state, I managed to crack a smile. My eyes were trained to the outside of the car, I thought I was seeing things when I saw a moving shadow.

    "There he is." I jerked my head to the window.

     I could feel Joey's head look in my direction outside the window. I'm guessing he shared the weird feeling I had.

     "That's not him."
......................................................................................