19*

(caleb's pov)

"the strongest warriors have the deepest cuts

"the strongest warriors have the deepest cuts." -unknown
_____________________________________

HEAT. THATS THE FIRST thing Caleb feels when he comes to. He can smell the burning of wood, he hears the crackling of something burning next to his left ear, he can feel ash fall on his cheeks and lips, the bitterness of it rests on his tongue when he opens his mouth. When Caleb opens his eyes he sees his room set ablaze right in front of him. After Joey went missing they went back to his house, they knew Hailiee's house was no longer safe for the second time.

The next thing Caleb feels is pain. He can feel it on the back of his head and his back. He already knew that the only thing that could do so much damage was a bomb, and when it went off it threw him back and on the ground. Caleb hoped he didn't have a concussion from the force of him falling. His hand flies to his stomach just to make sure it was intact, along with his legs and other arm. Caleb let out a sigh of relief when he felt everything was in its place.

But the relief was short lived when he heard yelling downstairs. His body shot up from the ground. His first thoughts were about Natalie. And Hailiee, of course. He worried for them and wondered if they were okay. He was so caught up in worrying about them that he didn't notice the blood dripping down the side of his face. His heart raced once he recognized the shouting voices.

"Get them to the car, now." Alaina shouted.

"And what will you be doing exactly?" Austin asked.

"Finding Natalie's boy toy. Now go." Alaina demanded.

Caleb gulped and his heart fell hearing that she got both Natalie and Hailiee in one go. He looked around and saw his side window. Caleb knew if he jumped there would be injuries. But, it was his only options. In a panic, he ran to his window and tried pushing it open. He checked the lock to find out why it wouldn't budge. It was unlocked, so then it must've been jammed. He got on top of the, somehow intact, table just below it and started to kick the window in. Once he successful broke the window, he wasted no time jumping out of it and dashing towards the woods in his backyard.

Caleb was well aware of his rough looking appearance, but cared very little for it. He trudged to the woods towards town and to the diner. He cringed at the headache that beat against his head. His legs grew tired as he tried forcing them to keep walking, he knew it wouldn't bee too long before his knee's would buckle in. The relief he felt before came back when he saw the bright lights that said 'diner'. When he pushed the doors open the bell rung. His stomach growled at the beautiful sent of food and sizzle of food being cooked.

"Sir? Can I help you?" A waitress spoke from across the bar with a thick country accent.

Caleb sat behind the bar where the waitress was, "A burger, fries and shake would be nice ma'am. Please."