10*

*literally a shitty chapter with a few cute moments but there is are two important scenes in here

"i've gotta keep the calm, before the storm." -Avril Lavigne, Head Above Water
......................................................................................

    AS A KID YOU were taught that shooting stars we're real. As a teenager you were told, that is simply not a fact. It's fiction. They're actually meteor showers. And just like that, something so beautiful and cool probably became something a little dull and less exciting than a star suddenly shooting past the sky in front of your house. When you grow up you also learn things like, stars are black bodies, there are no green stars, our sun is a dwarf star that is about 4.5 billion years old and should blow up soon, black holes don't suck, and almost every star you see in the sky is bigger than our sun.

     "Stars are weirdos." Joey began.

      "What like we aren't?" I reply.

      "Oh no we are, but, I'm just saying." He shrugged.

       I yawned, "I think I'm gonna head to sleep Joe."

       "G'night." He wished as I crawled to the window behind us.

        I walked through the quiet and spacious halls of the house that lead me to my room. Before I could make it to my door, I hand pulled my wrist into another room. I couldn't see who grabbed me due to my back being against them and I couldn't scream thanks to their hand around my mouth.

      "It's just me, I have to show you this." A familiar deep voice spoke in my ear.

      He let me go and I turned around to face a tired and stressed looking Caleb.

     "Why aren't you asleep it's almost one in the morning!" I exclaimed.

      He ignored my question, "Look, look. This is the schedule for when we're supposed to go and get those kids out."

     Caleb frantically pointed to the screen and urged me to look at it. I leaned forward and squinted at the harsh light.

      "Why is everyday busy but this one?" I pointed to the fifteenth of November.

      "Exactly. How would he know that exact day?" Caleb inquired.

      "Maybe because we have an insider?" I
suggest.

      "No, no. We haven't spoken to the doctor since we last saw him. For safety reasons." He informed.

     "Then maybe he made a secret call to him, I don't know. Caleb it's late and you should-"