Thirteen

Her hands rest in front of her on her grey faded jeans which suited the cold weather, her grey shoulder cut jumper also made her warm along with a black jacket which matched her black heeled boots.

Her eyes wonder around Shawn's car, she sat waiting for him in his car as he went inside to get changed. It was weird for her she never moved so fast in to a relationship or whatever this was with Shawn. She felt comfortable around him but also had those butterflies you feel when you're close to your crush.

Shawn walks out wearing black jeans and a givinchy hoodie. She looked over his appearance, he definitely looked good.

"Hey sorry if I took long" Shawn gets in putting his seatbelt on. "No you didn't" she tells him. Shawn looks over to her and smiles, in his mind he wanted to tell her how pretty she looked but he stared.

Athena clears her throat to get him to snap out of his daze "so where are we going?"

"Oh shopping then we can eat something later" he tells her whilst reversing out, she watches his hands move against the wheel his tattoo mesmerising her. "Yeah that's fine, I guess I could get some new clothes" Shawn chuckles moving one hand away from the wheel as he drives straight.
-
Shawn followed Athena around Hollister as she looked through the clothes picking stuff out then putting it back "you can go look at stuff ya know" she speaks up whilst holding up a skirt examining it. "Yeah I know I don't really want anything from here" he smiles.

"Get it, it's nice" Shawn sees the look on her face as she decides if she wants it "Okay" she holds the skirt by the hanger as they move around, Athena looks back to see Shawn following her close as he looks around the shop.

"I just have to make a phone call I'll be back" Shawn tells her looking down at his phone seeing a few miscalls, she nods and he walks out the shop.

Shawn holds his phone up to his ear calling Andrew back.

"Hey sorry shawn I know you're on your break but I just wanted to know when was the last time you went on twitter or Instagram?"

"Hey it's all good and like a few days ago why should I tweet or something?" Shawn asks.

"No no, I mean you can if you want but there's a few pictures going around of you and a girl"

Shawn mentally sighs "can you send them to me please and she's just a friend, I'll text you later and thanks for telling"

"sure and no problem take care yeah" shawn ends the call shoving his phone back in his pocket, he looks around suddenly paranoid.

"Excuse me hi are you Shawn Mendes?" A girl asks making Shawn turns around "Yeah would you like a picture" he plasters on a smile. Shawn takes the picture and thanks her before walking back in to Hollister where he sees the cashier passing Athena a bag.

Athena turns seeing Shawn immediately, her smile automatically appears as she walks towards him. "Everything okay?" Shawn nods "Yeah and you should've let me pay" he tells her grabbing the bag from her hand as they walk out.

"I have money Shawn and you don't have to hold that" she tries to reach for the bag but he quickly pulls it away "it's okay I want to" he grins. Athena let's him hold the bag as they walk in to another shop.

They carry on shopping for a while, Shawn would just trail behind her watching her as she looked through things and then he would tell her to get it. She didn't let him pay once even though he wanted too many times, he ended up holding four bags in one hand.

Athena walked closely next to Shawn their shoulders almost touching. She wanted to hold his hand so bad but wasn't sure if that's what he wanted, Shawn glanced down for a quick second then looked back. He felt her fingers against his making him take in a breath.

Just when she was about to join their hands he moved his hand to run it through his hair then he swapped the bags over to the other side so she couldn't hold his hand. He only did it because he was scared people would take more photos.

Athena gulped she felt so embarrassed that Shawn practically declined her. "Where you want to eat?" Her thoughts are dismissed by Shawn's voice. "Wherever" her reply was dry and Shawn knew she felt embarrassed, he felt like a complete idiot for moving his hand. He wanted to hold her hand as much as she did but he became paranoid.

"That place looks nice" he nods over to a cafe, "Yeah let's go" she quickly walks in front of him not wanting to be by his side, it seemed petty but it hurt her more than she thought, it hurt even more because she knew they weren't even together.

Shawn sighs following her in to the beach themed cafe. "Hi table for two please" she tells the waitress who leads them to the far side. "Here you go hope you enjoy" she smiles politely as they both sit.

She grabs her menu looking over it, "what are you gonna get?" Shawn asks her wanting to talk to her knowing he annoyed her. "Probably the pasta and some sweet potato chips, what about you?" She puts her menu down leaning on to her hands as her elbows rested on the table.

"The chicken burger and fries" he tells her putting his menu down, he mimics her actions placing his elbows on the table leaning his head on his hands. She rolls her eyes laughing then leans back taking her jacket off . Shawn looks over her perfect body then averts his eyes as a waiter approaches the table.

He wore an unbuttoned Hawaiian themed shirt, Athena cleared her throat looking away from the man. "What can I get the pretty girl?" He asks holding up his note pad.
Athena blinks quickly becoming flustered "the pasta and some sweet potato fries please and some lemonade" she tells him looking up.

Shawn watches as the waiter looks over Athena's body winking at her, Athena looks down at the table pretending to be interested in the cloth feeling uncomfortable. Shawn coughs before speaking up "I'll have the chicken burger with fries and a lemonade too" Shawn says making the waiter turns to him, he writes it down then grabs their menus. "It'll be ten mins gorgeous" he tells Athena who flicks him off by crossing her legs and looking over at Shawn who was already looking at her with his arms crossed.

The waiter walks away leaving the two. Athena rested her hand on the table whilst looking around, Shawn sits forwards trying to look at whatever she was looking at. He hisses an intake of breath seeing a few people standing around with cameras knowing they were waiting for him.

"Erm we should probably go" Shawn says standing up, Athena looked up at him confused "but we haven't eaten yet" she says still not standing up. Shawn grabs the bags glancing outside "come on, I'll order food and we can eat mine" Shawn tells her wanting to get out of there as quick as possible.

"It's okay, can you just take me home" Athena gets up grabbing her jacket sliding it over her arms, "you don't want to come back to mine?" he asks confused, she shakes her head no walking up to the counter "hi I need to cancel my order it was for table 6 I'm really sorry" Athena apologises to the waiter who nods "it's okay, enjoy the rest of your day".

Athena walks out shoving her hands in the pockets of jacket, Shawn rushes towards her feeling extremely bad. "Here let me hold those" she reaches her hand out to the bags but Shawn moves back "it's okay, it's just to the car anyway" she nods following him.

He looked back one more time seeing a few of his fans looking around he felt bad for taking pictures but he knew Athena would be overwhelmed by it. Shawn walks slightly faster getting outside then unlocking his car.

"Hey can you slow down, we don't all have giraffe legs like you" Athena shouts slightly running to the car. Shawn goes to open the door for her letting her in, she mumbles a thanks and puts her seatbelt on as Shawn puts the bags in the back then gets in.

He drives off not saying a word, Athena looks out the window not understanding what happened. He rushed out so quickly not giving her a chance to even ask him why, she thought he wanted to spend time with her but not like this.

Maybe he was having second thoughts and something came over him, whatever it was it made Athena think he wasn't as interested in her as she was with him.

-
I'm gonna start posting a pic with each chapter cause I don't really want to describe what they wear each time.

Also might include lil instagram posts.