Sixteen

Within a second a million thoughts ran through her mind, what if he is using her, he's going to use her then leave her. In her mine it was all a possibility.

Athena got up pulling her jeans up, "erm Claudia" she speaks with a soft voice grabbing the attention of Claudia who looks up from her phone. "Will you tell Shawn I'm going to wait downstairs for him" Claudia nods typing away on her phone. "Sure thing, it was nice meeting you and let me know how it goes, I'll call some paps to take some pictures outside" Athena feels disgusted even thinking about it.

"Please don't, and bye" she quickly leaves the room walking quickly to the elevator but it takes too long, she figures that it could be Shawn coming down so she hurries over to the stairs and rushes down feeling slightly out of breath.

She walks over to the sofa placed in the reception and sits down. Athena looks around the place spotting the receptionist from before, the girl looks up and before Athena can look away she smiles at her. Athena looks down quickly pretending to be interested in her shoes.

The sound of clicking against the floor makes her want to look up but she doesn't in fear of it being the receptionist. "Hello miss, are you waiting for someone?" It was deep voice which made Athena grow confused. Her eyes slowly travel up the dark boots, black pants and white shirt then she's greeted by a tanned boy who had a smile placed on his face showing off his perfect smile.

"Erm Yeah is it okay if I wait here" she asks looking up into his blue eyes. "Of course it is, I was just asking well because it's my job I'm an intern, can I get you something to drink? A water? Coffee or tea?" He rambles obviously nervous, mainly because he's new but also due to the fact that Athena is a pretty girl.

"Oh a water would be nice please" she gives him a warm smile knowing how nervous he must feel. "Okay I'll be back" he turns on his heel and walks away. Athena smiles to herself at the small encounter, the poor boy was so nervous. It makes her forget what Claudia said.

Athena looks up seeing him return with a  water in his hand, he smiles holding it out. "Thank you" she takes the bottle from his hand. "No problem, I'm actually on my break right now so I can get you anything else" he smiles.

"Oh no it's okay, you should take a break"

The blue eyed boy plops himself next to Athena keeping distance, he sighs deeply and runs a hand through his hair, it instantly reminds Athena of Shawn, he's always doing that.

"Sorry I'm really tired, I'm Blake" he pulls his hand out for her to shake, "don't be sorry" she laughs then shakes his hand "I'm Athena".

They both sit back and talk, well Blake talks about his job and Athena listens.

-
"Okay Shawn we need the album finished by next year" Claudia tells him, he nods in response. "I'll book you some more studio time and the band should be ready to work" Claudia says typing away.

"Oh I'm actually meeting with them after this I'll let them know that we're writing soon"

"Okay perfect, you can go now. Thanks for coming in remember if you need anything I'm here" she smiles standing up to hug Shawn. He pulls back smiling "Thank Claudia, I'll see you soon" Shawn pulls open the door. "And tell Athena I'm here for her too" Shawn nods even though he has no idea what she means.

He gets into the elevator going down, maybe Athena left cause she felt like she was intruding he thought, she did feel nervous when they met this morning. Shawn quickly brushes it off walking out. He spots Athena sat on the sofa accompanied buy a another guy, Shawn walks over hesitantly but what does he  have to worry about.

Athena giggles tilting her head back slightly at the comment Blake had just made about the receptionist, "I'm being serious, she's so lonely she even flirts with the creepy old cleaners" Blake tells her making her burst out into a fit of laughter.

Shawn coughs trying to get Athena's attention but she's too filled with giddiness she doesn't hear, Blake looks up at Shawn and he taps Athena's leg looking up, she turns her head confused, her eyes meet Shawn's and she stops laughing.

"Hey Shawn" she smiles, "come on let's go" Shawn says. Athena gets up and turns to Blake "it was nice meeting you and have fun working here" she smiles then hugs him. They pull back and Shawn watches awkwardly "it was since meeting you too" Blake says.

"Okay bye" Shawn interrupts making Athena look at him and he starts walking away, "bye Blake" Athena says whilst catching up to Shawn walking beside him. "So who wa-"

"Athena wait!" Blake yells interrupting Shawn making them both look back. "Erm you forgot your phone" he says holding it out and Athena takes it "Oh god I'm so forgetful, thank you so much" she smiles. "Bye again Blake" she lets out a laugh and Blake waves as Athena and Shawn turn walking away.

They reach the car, Shawn gets in and so does Athena. "So are you taking me home now?" Athena asks as everything Claudia says rushes back to her now that she's alone with Shawn. "Wait you don't want to go to my soundcheck with me?" A hint of sadness echoes in his voice making Athena feel guilty.

"Oh of course I'll come, I forgot sorry" She says whilst putting her seatbelt on. Her phone buzzes and she looks down and lets out a laugh seeing what it is.

Blake🤩: it's Blake, sorry I just had to give you my number and you should probably put a password on your phone 😉x

"Who is it?" Shawn asks before she can reply to the text. "Oh it's Blake" she said it like it was no big deal but it stung Shawn. "Are you going to answer?"

"Yeah, I'm not gonna leave him on seen" she lets out a laugh. Shawn watches her face light up as she began typing on her phone, he felt something hurt inside him not knowing what it was. Of course he felt something for her but maybe she didn't feel it back.