Forty-Two

"Athena are you ready for the party?" Camille yells from the bottom of the stairs. "Camille what are you talking about?" Athena yells from her room.

"Myles' New Years party, everyone is going" Camille storms in seeing Athena in a mini black dress.

"Wait a minute who are you trying to impress? Myles?" Camille asks confused sitting at the edge of her bed as Athena put her necklace on.
"Oh god no not Myles" Athena pretends to gag turning to Camille.

"The party starts at 8" Camille says taking Athena's lipstick putting some on her self. "Camille"

"And Lilly, Savannah, Hannah and all the guys will be there"

"Camille" Athena stands up.

"And we are sooooo getting drunk"

"Camille!" Athena yells making Camille stop. "I'm not going"

"Wait why? It's Myles' party! Where the fuck are you going then so dolled up?" Camille asks standing up folding her arms abet her chest.

"I'm going to Shawn's party" Athena says shrugging. "Shawn's party? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Camille you came back yesterday and you woke up today. Plus Myles didn't invite me he hasn't talked to me since, well since I can't remember" Athena says harshly.

"Oh for gods sake Athena you distance yourself from him and us. Myles loves you! Are you that blind? He talks about you like your the fucking queen!" Camille yells.

"Cami please, Myles doesn't love me" she says walking towards her heels sliding them on. "He does Athena. He told Liam" Camille sighs.

"Well he hasn't told me and I'm happy with Shawn so please let me leave" Athena says calmly. "Do you love Shawn?" Camille asks.

Athena freezes staring at Camille. "Do you love him Athena?" Camille asks again.

"I'm leaving" Athena shoves past Camille grabbing her purse and she leaves quietly sitting in her car. Do I love Shawn? She asks her self.
-
"There you are!" Shawn laughs pulling her inside. He wraps his arms around her then pulls back cupping her cheeks leaning forward to kiss her lips harshly, like he needed it.

"Let me take your coat" he mumbles twirling her around quickly sliding her jacket off her arms. Then he twirls her around placing his hands her at her waist. "Hi Shawn" she giggles leaning in to him putting one leg up.

"Oh you look so stunning" he gushes kissing her lips again. "And you are so cute when you are drunk" she says pinching his cheek. "And incredibly handsome" she tells him tugging on the collar of his white fitted shirt. "Come on" he grabs her hand pulling her to the crowd of people.
-
"Yeah I used to live in New York" Athena tells Linda, a girl who knew Shawn. "That's amazing, I've been twice it's so pretty in the winter" Linda says as Athena takes a sip of her cocktail. "Oh Shawn's coming this way I'll leave you to it" Linda nods.

"Oh no it's fine stay" Athen yells, Shawn wraps his arms around her hugging her from behind and Linda has already left. "There's five minutes till midnight babe" Shawn says kissing at her neck gently.

He had sobered up a bit which kind of put Athena at ease. He nips at her skin gently then turns her around. "Come with me" he says leading her through the crowd and outside by the pool where no one was as they watched the countdown inside.

"Get in the pool with me" Shawn says smirking. "Oh hell no" she says stepping back.

"Why not? He asks her pulling her in to him by her waist. "Because..."

"Because what?" He asks

"I'm not wearing any underwear" she says shyly looking down at his hands that rest at her hips. "Oh that's so hot" he chuckles.

"Let's get in with our clothes" he shrugs taking his shoes and socks off then he bends down undoing the buckle on the strap of her heel and he lets her step out shoving them to the side.

"Ready?" He asks standing up placing his hands in hers. She nods then they jump in as they hold their breath. Athena rises up from the water slicking her hair back and she meets with Shawn's face as he shakes his head and stands perfectly with his shoulders above the water.

Athena swims closer to him then wraps her legs around his waist to keep herself up and Shawn holds her at her bum. "You look beautiful,in the moon light, in the water, holding on to me" he whispers his lips brushing hers.

"I've never met someone who I've been so consumed by. I feel a sense of devotion to you Athena and I love it, I love the way you make me feel" He continues and her heart beats fast as she looks into his eyes feeling his lips lightly brush hers as he speaks such beautiful words.

They hear cheering and fireworks go off. Athena closes the gap between them and they join in a wet kiss, filled with need.

Shawn holds her tightly as she works her mouth against his then she pulls back panting as the kiss got more heated. "Happy new year's" she mumbles then pecks his soft lips again.

"Let's get out the pool" he laughs then picks her up hoisting her up on the edge so she could easily get out and he follows behind her.

Athena bends down grabbing her heels and she hugs herself as she shivers. Shawn quickly walks over to her then engulfs her in a hug rubbing the palm of his hand against her bare arms.

She felt warmer and she forget all about her worries. How her ex still loved her, how her family was so far and she was slowly slipping from her friends but with Shawn none of it mattered.

"Go to my room love, I'll be there in a minute" Shawn says kissing the top of her head. She nods then leans up kissing his lips one more time then she left him thinking about his choice of words, love.

Shawn runs a hand through his hair looking at Athena walk inside. He stays outside for a minute looking at the skyline and he begins smiling to himself, a smile put there by Athena.

He strolls back inside avoiding the few guests left and walks in to his room seeing Athena wearing his hoodie. "My clothes are wet" she giggles sitting down on his bed. "That's Okay" he grins taking off his pants and shirt quickly drying his body with a towel. Shawn changes his clothes then slips inside the sheets beside her entangling his legs with hers, his right leg going between hers.

"I erm, don't know how to say this" he mumbles biting his bottom lip and he looks in to her sparkling eyes. "Don't say anything then" she whispers moving closer to him. "But I want to, I've been wanting to say it for so long" he admits holding her body.

"Don't" she mumbles. "Not yet please" she whispers. "How long can I keep it in for?" He asks.

She shrugs not knowing the answer but she couldn't let him say it, she needed to be sure with herself so that she could say it back and not leave him with no reply.

"Can I show you then?" Shawn asks, his voice sounding desperate. She nods at him sending him a small smile before Shawn kisses her softly.