Seventy-Two

"Where's Lilly?" Athena asks Ethan stepping inside their newly bought apartment. "In the kitchen, I have to pop out but it's nice seeing you" Ethan smiles leaving Athena.

"Lilly!" Athena calls walking in to the kitchen. "Athena! Hi are you okay? Have you talked to Camille" She pulls her in to a warm hug. 

"I'm good and I don't think I'll be speaking to Camille anytime soon, how are you? Ready for the married life?" Athena asks making Lilly frown.

"Wait Lilly" Athena looks over her face. "Lilly what happened?" They both sit down, Athena holding Lilly's hand. "I said no" Lilly whispers.

"Oh lil" Athena wipes her tear. "I'm not ready and I know it crushed him but he said he understands and he'll try till I say yes" Lilly explains.

"You're lucky" Athena sends her a warm smile. "Why are here Athena? Is everything okay?"

"Oh well erm I think that Shawn, you know we've only been together since November and it's only April now, I really love him, I really do Lilly" Athena looks up trying to stop herself from crying.

"Athena stop rambling" Lilly says calmly.

"I think he's going to propose"

She said it out loud for the first time and she had realised he wants forever with her. Marriage, kids, house the whole lot.

"You love him?" Lilly asks. Athena nods her eyes getting glossy.

"I'm not ready, I'm nineteen" Athena shrugs then wiper her fallen tears. "Why?" Lilly asks.

"I'm young, I have my career Lilly and so does he. I really do love him, god if only I could show how much or express it in words" Athena tries to smile but fails as her bottom lip quivers.

"How do you know he's going to propose?"

"He said something like he's my family forever and that I don't need anyone else. Then he came with me to work to talk to my boss about having a few months off, the secretary has direct contact if that office and I heard him. He said he's planning something big and needs me to not be with him for a week and that I'm going to love it" Athena explains.

"Athena, if he's the man you love why are against this?"

"Lilly why did you say no?" Athena asks grabbing Lilly's hand for comfort.

"I-I said it because I'm n-not ready, I don't to rush thing and god forbid but I don't want anything to happen between us, I want our bond to be so strong before I say yes" Lilly says now crying herself.

"You took the words straight out of my mouth Lilly" Athena says. "And I've only been with him for six months, I need longer" Lilly nods agreeing with her.
-
"Oh god Athena where'd you go?" Shawn engulfs her a bone crushing hug breathing in her scent like the it was the last time.

"To Lilly's, for a catch up" Athena says holding on to him tightly, her left side of her face pressed shiny his chest, her eyes shut tightly.

"Athena" she hums a yes still not looking up. "Your brother called me, Theo. He wanted to know how you're doing" Shawn says making her whole day better.

Athena looks up biting her bottom lip as she contains her smile. "Really?" She asks and he nods.

"Go call him back, you need this" he kisses her forehead making her heart flutter. "I love you Shawn" she leans up kissing his lips gently.

"I love you more Athena, I'll love you forever" he kisses her back but she stops hearing the word again.

'Forever'

"I'm going to call now" she smiles walking away picking up her phone. She presses on to Theo's contact and waits for him to pick up.

"Athena?"

"Hi, what's up?" A tear rolls down her face as she fills with happiness. "I'm so sorry for not calling, I've just been really busy and I know about dad, you're his only daughter, he'll come around Athena"

"Theo, I really miss you guys, I miss baby J, I miss Sam and mum and dad, I miss New York" she admits. Shawn was listening off the side, his heart aching as she says the words.

"I hear congratulations are in order, miss ambassador" he laughs. "And I know you miss everyone, we miss you we really do. And I have some good news" he pauses.

"I'm having another baby, Liv is pregnant". Athena laughs in happiness wiping her tears. "Congratulations Theo, I'm so happy for you" she cries.

"Athena, why don't you comeback to New York?" He asks making her heart stop.

"Back to New York?" She asks. Shawn now wipes his own tears not being able to handle the thought of her going.

"I can't" she mumbles. "Athena, just think about it yeah. We all miss you and you should call dad, he's been going crazy. Wondering when you'll be coming back home"

Back home.

"I'll call him tomorrow, it's late here now. I'm glad you called I really am, tell liv I said hi and give baby J a kiss from me" she smiles.

"I will, good night sis" he ends the call. Athena closes her eyes leaning back on the sofa. Thinking of the times when her family was beside her, her friends always there and the only worry she had was school.