Forty

It had been roughly a month since their LA trip. They saw each other everyday or tried to. Shawn would go out of his way to spend as much time with her as possible and Athena would return the time. Shawn loved seeing her, she was never in a bad mood, never complaining about anything and Shawn was the same.

It was Christmas time. A time of family and friends, gifts and love. It was December 20th.

"Mum are you being serious?" Athena grumbles in to the phone, her heart breaking.

"I'm sorry honey but Theo is spending Christmas with his little family, Sam is going away with Poppy I think he's going to propose and your Dad booked us a holiday" her mum explains.

"Mum" she sighs extending the 'mum'
"Well that's just perfect I'll be alone and Sam is going to propose he told me" she says pointing out hat Sam told her first.

"Honey why don't you spend it with Shawn?"

"I don't know if I should" she groans again flopping on her bed.

"Athena Elle he's your boyfriend and your father has accepted it, remember what he said 'I believe you but-"

"But you don't know he's the one till the hard time hit" Athena finishes her mums sentence. "I know, I know" she says.

"Athena just tell him"

"What that I'm alone for Christmas! Camille is going to spend it with Liam so I will be alone!" She almost yells completely annoyed.

"Just tell him honey. I have to go now but I'll call you on Christmas. I love you Athena"

"I love you too Mum" she mumbles then ends the call throwing her phone to the side and she makes her way downstairs.

She looks over at the Christmas decorations Camille hung up and it almost makes her cry so she quickly goes in to the kitchen but as soon as she's about to make her self some tea the door bell rings.

"Mrs Kirk? Hi is everything okay" Athena smiles looking at her elderly neighbour. "Athena darling, you know I have a cat right" Mrs Kirk smiles.

"Yeah Polo right? Is he missing?" Athena asks. "No no well turns out Polo is a girl and she's had kittens. It was a real shock to be fair they're 5 weeks old now and there's a gorgeous grey one. Would you like one?" Suddenly Athena's mood lifts.

"A kitten?"

"Yes hold on" the elderly women rushes away then comes back with a fluffy grey kitten. "Consider it a Christmas gift and I'll have Olly drop off some necessities we already have enough cat stuff" she says handing Athena the kitten.

"Oh my god thank you so much Mrs Kirk, she's adorable"

"It's okay darling and no worries. Merry Christmas" she croaks walking away.

Athena chuckles closing the door then rushes over to the sofa placing the kitten on a blanket. "Oliver, Merry Christmas Oliver" she smiles stroking the kittens fur.
-
Christmas Eve
"Merry Christmas Eve babe" Shawn smiles over face time.

"You too lovely" she giggles looking over Shawn's handsome face. "Are you excited for Christmas?" Shawn asks her and her face drops.

"Yeah" she forces a smile and Shawn clicks on to something. "You don't seem that excited" he says and she looks away pretending to do something else.

"I am"

"Is Camille excited?"

"Yeah She is" she mumbles coming back on to the screen. "Erm I have to go Shawn. I'll call you tomorrow"

"Oka-" she doesn't even let him finish she just ends the call before he sees her crying.

Shawn knew something was wrong, he saw it written on her face. So he called Camille.