Seventy-Five

2 days later, 1 day left till Shawn leaves.

Athena went to work, Yvette asked her what she thought and there was still no answer. Athena tried to comprise and convince Yvette to let her stay in Toronto but Yvette called it 'a business move', meaning that Athena would, in Yvette's words 'thrive at any other base'.

She walks in to see Shawn packing a suitcase and she feels her hands get sweaty feeling like she's keeping a dirty secret when in fact it wasn't as bad as she was making it out. She wasn't disloyal, wasn't unfaithful to Shawn and yet she felt like it.

"Hey babe" Shawn smiles folding his jeans putting them down then going over to her to kiss her cheek. "You better start packing too, you've only got a week" Shawn squeezes her shoulders then walks back to continue packing.

"Yeah I should, what should I pack?" She asks taking her jacket and shoes off. "Just casual stuff and this hold on" he walks over to the wardrobe pulling a white box tied with a grey ribbon. "What is it?" She asks as he places it in her hands. "Open it" he grins.

She takes the delicate bow untying it and eases the lid off to see a folded red dress. "I want you to wear it on one of the days" he says taking it out to hold it in front of her, her eyes widen at the elegant dress.

Her mind switches to Shawn's talk with Yvette, he's planning something big. Maybe he wants her to wear it when he proposes?

"What day?" She asks turning to face him. "When I tell you" He bops her nose. "Do you like it? I can't wait to see you in it, it's going to be so amazing". Shawn's heart filled with love as he sees her cheeks flush at his words.

"I love it" she holds the dress, her fingers feeling around the fabric. Shawn takes the box and dress moving it to the side. He picks her up gently and places her on his lap.

"You're so pretty" Shawn tells her putting a hand on her cheek. "You know I will miss you during this week" he admits.

"I'm going to miss you too, you're annoying snoring, how you don't clean up, leaving your guitars in the floor, making a mess when cooking-"

"Hey Hey Hey what about the other things" he pouts making her chuckle. "I'll miss your hands" she links their hands together. "Your adorable smile, your lips on mine" she leans forward pressing a kiss to his soft lips.

"It's just a week though" she shrugs trying to make the situation better. "Yeah just a week, nothing can happen in a week. It'll go so fast we won't even realise" Shawn says rubbing her back with his left hand.

"Yeah" a whisper escapes her lips as she moves closer wanting to feel his lips on hers for longer.
-
Shawn lays his head on Athena's chest, her hand running through his sweaty hair comfortingly. "You distracted me from packing" Shawn says making her giggle. "I'll pack for you" she rolls her eyes even though he can't see her. "Thank love but I'll do it. I don't mind that distraction" he looks up at her winking then lays beside her.

"Get to sleep, your flight is at eight" she tells him kissing his lips one more time before he nods and closes his eyes. "Goodnight gorgeous" he mumbles shuffling closer to her, draping an arm around her body.

"Good night Shawn" she pecks his lips making a smile appear on his face, his eyes still shut.

Shawn falls in to a deep sleep and Athena stays wide awake beside him, she decides to slip out of bed grabbing her phone.

"It's late Athena" Yvette says. Athena closes the bedroom door holding her phone up to her ear. "Yvette I just wanted you to know that I don't want the spot" she says looking out the glass to see the lights shining bright.

"Are you sure? This is a big opportunity and I hope your not letting a personal decision get to you" Yvette says sounding more awake now.

"I have a personal life though and it includes Shawn, I'm taking the months off to be with him and I'll work as well. I want to be with him Yvette, I think he might propose" Athena whispers the last part afraid Shawn might hear her.

"Oh Athena, I hope nothing comes in the way of you and him. I respect your decision now go to sleep will you, you have to be in for nine" Yvette laughs. "Thank you for understanding, goodnight" Athena ends the phone call squeezing her eyes shut in bliss.

Maybe it was all going to work out.

She was processing it all, Shawn was her family now and the reality was that it was just her and him.

——
Chapters will be a little longer from now.
What do you guys think?
I have the ending sorted, kinda scared. Do we want a happy or sad ending?