Fourteen

After some convincing Athena ended up in Shawn's kitchen, she wanted to go home and tell Camille everything but he asked her so many times to come back with him just so he could make up for before. 

"Okay so I ordered the food, should we find something to watch whilst we wait" Shawn asks walking in to the kitchen seeing her on her phone. "Yeah sure" she smiles, she still felt awkward from before and Shawn could clearly tell.

They both sit down, Athena keeping her distance thinking Shawn doesn't want to be close to her, Shawn sighs knowing what she's thinking so he takes it upon himself to make her feel better and understand that he does like her.

Shawn gets up and sits beside her throwing an arm around her shoulder, Athena looks at him confused but brushes off his sudden move, why are boys so complicated?

"How about the jungle book?" Shawn asks making her laugh "what it's a good film, we are definitely watching it now" he smirks pressing play. "What are we five years old?" She jokes.

Shawn chuckles moving even closer to her so their legs touch, she looks down noticing he wants to get close to her. His hand goes over hers gently intertwining them, Athena doesn't even know what's going on, one minute he's rejecting her then he's all over her.

"Oh so now you want to hold my hand?" She asks clear sarcasm laced in her voice. "What do you mean?" Shawn pretends to act clueless but she give him the 'are you being serious' look.

The door knocks, which Shawn thanks the lord for saving his ass. "I'll go get it" he quickly gets up grabbing his wallet front the table.

Athena hears a buzzing noise, she looks round seeing Shawn's phone in the place where he sat She didn't want to look but something came over her so she glanced down at it and her eyes widened, her hand reaches for the phone. Andrew had sent the pictures of her and Shawn to him and they clearly showed on his home screen.

She swiped looking through them, they were of them in the car, some were even of just her waiting for him in the car and whilst they were shopping. "So you're one of those girls who looks through other people phones?" Shawn's voice scared her making her drop his phone on to her lap. She looks up seeing him holding a bag and two glasses.

"Why is someone sending you pictures of us?" The worry in her voice was clear to Shawn, he puts the bag and glasses down sitting next to her grabbing his phone seeing the messages. He has no choice but to explain to her now.

"You know that I'm a singer right and I told you how sometimes people take pictures of me, Well this is one of those times" he looks over her face searching for a reaction but she just sits still.

"Oh right, I'm sorry for looking through your phone" her voice got quite, she felt embarrassed, Athena knew this would happen it just caught her off guard.

"It's okay, I get it if you're freaked out and you want to leave" she chuckles at his over exaggerated response. "No I don't want to leave, can you send me the pictures my outfit looks good" this time Shawn laughs, he goes on his phone sending them to her.

"And erm, today I'm really sorry. I saw people with cameras they obviously found where I was, I got worried and wanted to leave, I didn't want you to feel overwhelmed or scared" he tells her honestly.

She let go of a breath she didn't even know she was holding in and before she can speak he carries on "I also did want to hold your hand" she smiles sheepishly, "but I knew people would take pictures and probably hunt you down, people can be mean you know" he really didn't want her to get hurt.

Shawn did want to keep it private that he was hanging out with her even though they weren't a couple yet. He knew that people would find out quickly, it scared him making him think that she would want nothing to do with him and leave but she she didn't.

"Thanks" she finally says "for looking out for me, I won't lie I felt so embarrassed but it's okay now, you should've just told me" he smiles at how calm she's being over this "I'll tell you next time, and quick question do you mind, like if people see us out together like holding hands and stuff cause I know people will say stuff and I don't want anyone saying anything mean to you, you don't deserve it" he tells her putting his hand over hers looking into her eyes.

"I don't mind, all my social media accounts are on private anyway" she shrugs her shoulders. "Okay, again I'm really sorry" she joins their hands together looking down at them "stop apologising it's okay" she lets out chuckle putting him at ease.

-
"Athena" Shawn whispers, he slightly shakes her shoulders but she wouldn't wake up. She had fallen asleep on his shoulder just as the movie was ending and Shawn didn't notice.

"Athena" he calls again making her eyes flutter, she licks her lips and looks around the room. "What's the matter?" She asks her voice slightly croaky.

"Erm you fell asleep, you can sleep here tonight I just thought you might be uncomfortable in these clothes"

She sits up moving to the edge of her seat stretching her arms, "I should go home, Camille is probably waiting"

Shawn's hands move to her hips pulling her back making her giggle, "stay, it's late and I'm sure Liam is keeping her company"

Athena shakes her head smiling "It's only..." she looks down at her watch "nine, and Liam is at home I saw his snapchats" she states.

"Please I'm sure Camille will understand" Shawn pleads really wanting to spend the night with her, just so he could hold her in his arms.

"I'm really sorry Shawn, and plus Camille will probably never forgive me for leaving her hanging" she gets up looking around for her jacket. Shawn stands up holding up her jacket.

"Stay hun or you're not getting this jacket back" he teases, she shrugs her shoulders putting on her shoes. "It's fine I'll get it another time" suddenly she remembers she didn't bring her car.

"How are you going to get home? I drove here" he says smartly, a smirk appearing on his face.

"I'll get a Uber don't worry" she winks walking towards the door but Shawn grabs her hand swiftly twirling her around so she's right in front of him. "I'll drive you home" he says.

"I'm not letting you go when it's dark, and here have your jacket I'm sure it's cold outside" he puts the jacket over her shoulder making her smile. "Thanks" Athena leans up pecking his lips.

Shawn smiles widely his hands going up to her face cupping her cheeks holding her still so he could kiss her for longer.

Athena smiles in to the kiss then pulls back "let's go" she turns on her heel walking out with Shawn following her smiling like an idiot.

-
"So will I see you tomorrow?" She asks as he parks outside her house, "Oh erm, I have a busy day tomorrow I'm really sorry" he says. She sends him a smile to show him that she's okay with it. "It's okay I'll see you soon yeah" she nods getting out the car. "Wait Athena".

She twirls back around looking at him. "You can come along if you want" he shrugs his shoulders. "Yeah sure, text me okay"

He nods his head and smiles "good night Athena, I'll see you tomorrow" he winks making her smile wider.