Fifty-Eight

They were all back now, after a few hours at the beach and looking around the were worn out and tired. Shawn goes to the room seeing Athena on her laptop typing away.

She looks up at Shawn quickly then looks back down at the keyboard. "Athena lets talk" Shawn sits in front of her. "About what? What did I even do?" She pushes her laptop to the side giving all her attention to Shawn.

"I need to know something" Shawn holds her hand gently and she nods. "That guy you work with Elliot right?"

"Yeah what about him?" Athena asks. "You seem comfortable around him"

"Comfortable? What do you mean? He's my work friend" she furrows her eyes brows.

"Okay well he seems interested in you" Athena takes her hand back scoffing. "Are you being serious? Your mad at me because of this"

"I have every right to be, what work colleague calls their colleague love?"

"You looked through my emails? And the term love can be used a a term of endearment, you can use it in a friendly way" she shoots sitting back.

"Well for the last two months you have been at work longer" he shrugs.

"Shawn I've been at work longer because I'm new to the job it takes me twice as a long to finish tasks and Elliot helps me he's the only person I know there who offers help"

"But he doesn't need to help you all the time" Shawn says making her blood boil. "Are you implying that I'm cheating?" Her voice cracks as she looks in to his sullen eyes.

"No I'm not but this Elliot seems to like you and you talk to him a lot"

"So you are! And yes I do talk to Elliot about works related things and you! I always tell him about you and he listens to me" she says making Shawn's heart sink.

"Why do you have to tell him?"

"Because I don't think you've realised that my friends barely talk to me, the only people I can actually talk to about myself is you or him, no one else wants to know or cares!" She gets up grabbing her towel.

"I thought you sorted stuff with Camille?" Shawn gets up following her to bathroom.

"I did but she's always with Myles and I just can't face him and everyone has their own lives to focus on" she says grabbing her toiletries.

"Why can't you see Myles?" Shawn asks grabbing her wrist to turn her around. "I want the truth" he sighs.

Athena looks up at him a tear slipping her eye. "He- erm. He still loves me" She croaks out. Shawn let's go off her stepping back.

"Loves you huh? So that's someone else I have to worry about then" he says with anger.

"You don't worry about anyone Shawn. I just told you I have no interest in Elliot that's simply just work related and well I haven't seen Myles in months" Athena steps forward but he stumbles back.

"I love you Shawn not anyone else"

"I need some air" he mumbles walking away. Athena drops her towel following him where everyone sat. "Shawn stop!" She shouts following him to the balcony.

"Shawn please" she holds his upper arm as he faces away from her. "You need to understand that I love you. I don't care about Elliot or Myles or anyone else. I'm here with you"

"How do I know for sure?" Shawn asks turning around. "Are you being serious?" She lets go off him.

"How do I know it's just me?"  He asks crossing his arms. "You're unbelievable" Athena walks back inside looking down to avoid all their stares.

"Athena! What happened?" Andrew stands up putting his hand on her shoulder. "Ask him" she wipes her tears. "I want to know from you" Andrew says pulling her to sit down.

"He thinks there's someone else" she cries putting her head in her hands. Andrew looks at the boys sighing. "Is there?" Brian asks.

"Are you seriously asking me? I love him and he thinks I'm cheating" she spits.

"He's my best friend Athena" Brian says calmly shrugging.

"Well I'm not" Her voice was stern and filled with hurt. Athena gets up going to their room locking the door. Shawn walks in a few minutes later sitting beside Zubin.

"You okay bud?" Zubin passes Shawn a beer. "Yeah" he nods taking a long sip.

"She's hurt and she's obviously not cheating" Andrew says making Shawn look up at him. "How would you know?"

"She works from about six to five in the afternoon, comes home cooks for you then does her work then sleep and repeats the same process. She obviously has no time for anything other than you and work." Andrew shrugs sitting back.

"Her ex still loves her" he looks down at his hands sadly.

"She doesn't love him. She loves you Shawn" Ian says. "Your all she focuses on"

"I fucked up" Shawn groans slouching back.